News Editors decide what to broadcast but they can't use their power in an efficient way

Ashmara 1 / 1 1  
News Editors decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspapers

Media is the powerful source in providing any information. There are two types of media electronic media; TVs, radios, computers etc and print media; magazines, newspapers etc. News editors have right to decide what to broadcast on TV and what to print on newspaper but they can't use their power in an efficient way due to many reasons, some are below:

Firstly, social and political bodies are a big constrain in providing true and original news. As media is a bridge between governing bodies and general public, news editor are forced to report bias news. News editors and reporters are also concerned about their personal and professional security of their lives.

Secondly, there is a lot of pressure from competitive rivals. Everyone wants to be on the top. In competition sometimes they do injustice with their profession. Broadcaster also highlight the negative point of news more tan the positive one. Editors says that broadcasting a news is very expensive and they don't want to spend money on a news which is non-demandable.

Last but not the least, it is the demand of viewers to see latest and hottest news. Editors also bear the pressure of delivering every news first. In order to increase their popularity and publicity they manipulate the news in the way which would be liked by the viewers or listeners. To gain their audience attention more shocking news is printed or broadcasted like crime, natural disasters, outbreak of epidemic disease ,bomb blast, plane crash etc. And it's true that public is used to of bad news.

The worst point of all this is that people are becoming more aggressive now-a days after watching these kind of news. They have started believing that everything is fair and there is no control of law and order. It is the human nature that it learn what it sees. Negative thing leave negative impact. Media is the backbone of every country. Power of media can transform the whole society It is the voice of voiceless but unfortunately "Good news is bad news" because it doesn't sell newspaper.
evadfa 3 / 7 1  
That is a good start.

I would expand a little on how everyone is in competition. It seems that these days more and more news media companies are reporting to get the ratings and acknowledgements. The spend less time reporting relevant news stories. Some seem to report things that may not always be true just to spark the consumers interest.

I have noticed an increase in the reporting on accidents. More stories are focusing on the victims. I say this because some of the local accidents focus on the video or pictures of people lying on the street or the blood spot on the ground. These are not needed in media, especially if there are family members watching.

I have also seen an increase in how they seem to give more attention to the perpetrator than to the victims. Like the shootings in the movie theater or the school in Newtown. They like to bio the shooter his/her family and broadcast getting to the bottom of the how and the why. Which to me, gives more attention to it and tells others that they can have their "15 minutes of fame"
Media is themost powerful source in providing any information.

There are two types of media such as electronic media and (???) . The electronic media includeTVs, radios, computersTV, radio, etc and print media; magazines, newspapers etc.

....
What are those two types.... you need to specify.

News editors have right to decide what to broadcast on TV and what to print on newspaper but they can't use their power in an efficient way due to many reasons, some are below:

... I think it's better if you introduce the news editors because they suddenly appear in your essay without having any link to your previous sentence which speaks about media. I mean you need to set up a better link.

Firstly, social and political bodies are a big constrain in providing true and original news.

First, the freedom of providing genuine information and news to the public is seriously constrained by the interests of social and political groups.

news editor areis forced

It's good to have the topic so that we can align our comments with that. Is this for IELTS or TOEFL?
OP Ashmara 1 / 1 1  
Thank you for your guidence.This is for IELTS

Home / Writing Feedback / News Editors decide what to broadcast but they can't use their power in an efficient way