News article about The Pakistan Super League.

hello123098 1 / 1  
I AM WRITING A NEWS ARTICLE ON PAKISTAN SUPER LEAGUE. I HAVE WRITTEN THE POINTS BUT I'M HAVING TROUBLE ARRANGING THE PARAGRAPHS. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME ON HOW TO ARRANGE PARAGRAPHS FOR A NEWS ARTICLE.

cricket super league tournament

Gaddafi stadium, Lahore echoed with the chants of "Pakistan Zindabad! Pakistan Zindabad! "
•The long-awaited second edition of Pakistan's most prestigious Twenty20 tournament, Pakistan Super League was held on 5 March 2017 in Lahore.
•This match was a sign of the revival of international cricket in our country.
•Lahore wore a festive look. Excitement was in the air. Roads were lit up with green and white lights. Colorful banners were put up welcoming the cricketers. Frantic fans, clad in the colors of their favorite team had traveled from all over the country.

•After a long wait of 8 years Pakistanis host a cricket game in their country.
•Pakistan staged its largest cricket game in 8 years and 2 days.
•"Passion for cricket conquers fear"," hitting terror with bat"," terror cleaned bowled". These were some of the slogans used by Pakistanis to describe their victory against terrorism.

•5 March 2017 will always have a special place in the hearts of Pakistanis. This day will always be remembered as the day Pakistan beat terrorism and brought international cricket to back to their home.

•Pakistan Super League consists of five teams: Karachi Kings, Quetta Gladiators, Islamabad United, Peshawar Zalmi and Lahore Qalandars.
•For Pakistan, this match was about more than just cricket. This match proved that Pakistan has won the war against terrorism. This showed that Pakistanis are not afraid of anyone. They are determined to restore their respect. And they are willing to overcome any hurdle that comes in their way.

•After the attack on Srilankan team on 3 March 2009, no more international matches were held in Pakistan.
•Cricket is one of those things that unites Pakistan. This game has always brought people together. This game has an appeal that gets people out of their homes, on streets, in cafes, in grounds, to gather and unite together and enjoy the game. This kind of enthusiasm is very rare. This game is a symbol of hope for our country which is disappointed very often.

•Pakistan has gone through a lot in the past few months. From tension due to India to the Panama papers. Just like when it felt all was becoming better, many militant attacks took place throughout the country causing more than 500 people. At this time PSL was a blessing in disguise. It brought happiness to the lives of many people and united us in ways we didn't even imagine.

•For Pakistanis, this PSL was a sign of victory. This showed that we can find dreams and happiness in cricket. Therefore, in cricket, we find the meaning of hope.

•Pakistan got a chance of having a cricket match with international players after 8 years and 2 days. This was Pakistan's only shot. If God forbid any mishap happened in that match Pakistan wouldn't have been able to host a cricket match in a decade. So to make sure nothing bad happens, intense security measures were taken. Five layers of security had been established at the stadium. The stadium had been literally sealed off with shipping containers and barbed wires. More than 50,000 policemen were on duty. The army was also on call. Helicopters were also used for aerial surveillance.
bagusetyawan 8 / 27 7  
@hello123098
I hope this would help.

Actually you've made the main ideas for each paragraph. All you need to do is linking them one to each other.
You can try the cause-effect method to do that.
e.g. A will result B, B will result C, etc.
During the process you can add additional information to your idea.
Use your sense as a reader, not writer to make your paragraph run on the track.
Neha, you have all of the required elements of a research paper, not a news article. The reason I said that is because the outline of your information is more historical than current events in feel. So the first thing you have to ask yourself when you start to format your information is "What do I want to say with this article?" Develop the theme or purpose of the article first. After you know what it is you want to accomplish with the article, go through your list of information and pick out the bullet points that best apply to your chosen topic. Then, slowly expand the article from there. Expand it by creating a list of questions that you want to respond to in your article. Focus on the relevant content and then create a detailed explanation of the information using first hand information from your sources. Will this article be solely based on research? If so, then you will have to use citations for your information in the article. Unless your editor wants you to use interview quotes in your article. Consider the instructions you were given for the writing of the news article such as number of sources, if you require actual interviews to represent first hand accounts, and your word limit among other things. Once you have a better idea of how you are expected to develop the article, content - wise, you should be able to create a paragraph form draft of the news article for review and editing.
OP hello123098 1 / 1  
@bagusetyawan @Holt
Hi. I have revised the article.I'd really appreciate your feedback.

"Gaddafi stadium echoed with the chants of "Pakistan Zindabad! Pakistan Zindabad! ", travelledAs the long-awaited second edition of Pakistan's most prestigious Twenty20 tournament, Pakistan Super League was finally held on 5 March 2017 in Lahore, Pakistan.

Lahore wore a festive look. The excitement was in the air. Roads were lit up with green and white lights. Colorful banners were put up welcoming the cricketers. Frantic fans, clad in the colors of their favorite traveled from all over the country to watch the largest cricket game staged in Pakistan after 8 years.

5th march 2009 marked the end of international cricket in Pakistan. This was a day when the Sri Lankan team was attacked. Causing 7 deaths and leaving more than 20 people injured. Following the attack, serious questions were raised about the security provided by the country to the players. Therefore, as the authorities worked to bring cricket back to Pakistan they had to take extraordinary measures and ensure the safety of players. Hence, the 'five-tier' security plan was announced.

Five layers of security had been established at the stadium. The stadium had been literally sealed off with shipping containers, barriers and barbed wires. More than 50,000 policemen were on duty. Emergency medical technicians, firefighters, and rescuers along with 21 ambulances, 12 fire vehicles, and 4 rescue vans were also present at the venue. The army was on call and the helicopter provided by the federal government was used for aerial surveillance.

The success of this event was very important for Pakistanis. For Pakistan, this match was about more than just cricket. This match proved that Pakistan had won the war against terrorism. It showed that Pakistanis are not afraid of anyone. They are determined to restore their respect in the world. And they are willing to overcome any hurdle that comes in their way. Hence, the success of this match was widely celebrated. Slogans like "Passion for cricket conquers fear"," hitting terror with bat"," terror cleaned bowled" were used to emphasize the victory of Pakistan.

Due to the recent events in the country, Pakistanis have been divided lately. But Cricket is one of those things that unite Pakistan. This game has always brought people together. This game has an appeal that gets people out of their homes, on streets, in cafes, in grounds, to gather and enjoy the game together. Therefore, this event played a crucial part in uniting the people. According to some people, PSL was a blessing in disguise. It brought happiness to the lives of many people and united the people in ways they didn't even imagine.

Therefore, this day will always have a special place in the hearts of Pakistanis. It will always be remembered as the day Pakistan won the war against terrorism and brought international cricket back to their home after 8years and 2 days. For Pakistanis, this PSL was a sign of victory. It showed that they can find dreams and happiness in cricket. It wouldn't be wrong if I said that in cricket we (Pakistanis) find the meaning of hope.
Neha, provide an overview or summary of the events that led to the brutal terrorist attack on that fateful day. That is an integral part of the report and needs to be represented. Without it, the explanation as to the 5 tier security measure seems silly. There is no reason nor cause given aside from what seems to be a "game riot" instead of a terrorist attack. Clarify the importance of the attack in order to deliver the importance of the first game played in 8 years. Double check your grammar. Dates are always written with the first letter capitalized as that is a proper noun. The article now needs to be edited for content. However, we cannot do that until you have all of the pertinent information presented in the paper. Fill in the history of the attack during the game. Then we can edit the content for length and relevance.

Home / Writing Feedback / News article about The Pakistan Super League.