Are newspapers the best way to learn news, discuss both views and give opinion

dqnghuy 1 / -  
Question:
Some people think that newspapers are the best way to learn news. However, others believe that they can learn news better through other media.

discuss both views and give your opinion

Answer
Opinions are widely divided on the importance of different news sources. Regarding whether newspapers are the most effective way to fulfill our curiosity about what is going on beside other media, there is a strong case to be made for both sides of the debate.

On the one hand, supporters of newspapers often highlight that articles provided by local journalists are trustworthy sources of news. They, for example, claim that a person can easily get the fake news in other media because they can be posted by anyone, without any regulations while newspapers are usually written by professional writers and are thoroughly checked and edited before being published. Furthermore, magazines, newspapers have existed for a long period of time and many publications have gained their trust from a wide range of readers, who have built a habit of reading a newspaper every day, so it is their priority to keep the reputation and by then, newspapers are getting better and better through time. Lastly, the argument continues, reading newspapers can also be a good way of reducing potential eye problems as people do not have to stare at the screen for a long time.

On the other hand, advocates of getting news from other sources often argue that newspapers cannot always be instantly fast when delivering news as they need a longer process to check and publish while sources like social networking are faster due to the fact that anyone can take part in posting news. Moreover, those who support the idea of getting news online also point to the invaluable benefit of how portable and easy it is to access the latest stories. With the development of technology, readers can now comfortably enrich their knowledge just by a few clicks. Finally, on this side of the debate, people emphasize that videos and audios are other useful attachments that only appear in online magazines, which I am sure, are very effective in delivering information.

Overall, it appears that the stronger argument is in favor of getting news from other sources, with all the advantages of the convenience and instant they have. However, this should be under the supervision of the government as online publishers can always deliver sensational news to the readers.
Well, of course there are strong sides to the debate. So, what is your opinion? Which is your personal preference ? Why? The thesis statement is incomplete as you failed to provide your opinion statement as required. Points will be lost because of this shortcoming. Always double check the requirements against your presentation. Adjust accordingly.

Lastly, the argument continues,

This is unnecessary. It disconnects from the earlier discussions. The paragraph lost its cohesive presentation due to the under-explained 3rd reason.

Finally, on this side of the debate

You don't have to go overboard with the number of reasons. 2 will suffice. Adding a 3rd often results in a little developed last reason. You did that twice and will be scored down in the process.

Good job in explaining the public opinions. You lost a chance at a higher scare though due to the aforementioned reasons and, a lack of personal opinion presentation.

Home / Writing Feedback / Are newspapers the best way to learn news, discuss both views and give opinion