Are the newspapers contents trustworthy?

lecongminh1997 1 / -  
We can get knowledge from news, but some people think we can't trust the journalists?

obtaining news from the press

Nowadays, there are numerous ways to get news and the role of journalists is becoming more and more important. However, we can realize a part of these information is not truthful thoroughly. I agree that we can not complety trust in news.

First, it is clear that most of journalists try to over-report or exaggerate their reports or news to hook viewers and thus grow up profits by increasing sales. This is because the more reports they send to the newspaper house, the higher wage they can get. As a result, some of dialy news we read is not absolutely objective.

In addition, all reports which are related to policy or political issues will be always under control by the government. The authorities do not encourage or even directly ban publishing any new reports that are against their views or policies. Therefore, reporters can not provide objective information for the citizens. Resultly, people who read newspaper or magazines every day will not highly believe in reports.

In contrast, it is not true to say that the contents in the newspaper are not accurately. It is usually noticed in media that some journalist sacrifice their lifetime to find out the truth of controversial issues despite being in hazardous situations. Honestly, their quanlities in work are big lessons for the others.

In conclusion, readers should consider while reading news and have their own judgements among an array of new reports. In particular, the reporters must keep in mind the responsibility, impartiality and objectiveness in their profession. By doing these, we can ensure that we always read the truthful news.

(269 words)
Shirely Fu 3 / 6 1  
Hello, maybe the complete assignment is shown below.

Essay topics: We can get knowledge from news. But some people think we should not trust the journalists. What do you think? And what do you think are the important qualities that a journalist should have?

I have to admit the essay is quite good if i ignore the topic. the focus of topic is whether "journalists" deserved our trust. But, what you are always emphasized is not clear. Second paragraph is "journalist" and third paragraph is "news controlled by government" and next paragraph is"contents or qualities of journalist". In my opinion, the content is rich enough, maybe it need to be reorganized.
Cong, the next time you post an essay for review here, you need to post the original instructions and inform me as to what type of test your are taking (TOEFL, IELTS) That is because I cannot properly assess the work that you have done without it. In this instance, even though Shirely posted a prompt, I am not sure if she posted the right one as modifications can be made to the prompt depending upon the tutor. So make sure that you post the prompt completely next time.

You have shown a lack of concentration and ability to spot errors in your lexical presentations. Either you are not paying attention to what you are writing, you lack proper English spelling knowledge, or you just don't understand small errors like spelling "daily" as "dialy' will cost you valuable deductions to your LR and GRA scores. You also make up words like "Resultly", which will show a lack of lexical understanding and lack of familiarity with the English language. If you do not proofread your work prior to submission, then you are willing to lose points in the scoring of the actual test. In which case, with enough points deductions for your improper grammar and spelling, you will most likely not pass the test.

While your discussion sounds logical, I am unsure as to whether you are accurately discussing the prompt. More importantly, the fact that you continued to discuss facts well into your concluding paragraph tells me that you have not been properly guided in the requirements of academic essay writing such as this one. New facts should never be introduced or a discussion continuation cannot be presented in the concluding statement. Any personal notes or opinions on the matter need to be presented in a separate paragraph. That is a hard and fast academic writing rule. You failed to do that in this essay.

Overall, while the information might be relevant to the actual prompt, the aforementioned problems with your work have led me to believe that you are far from being prepared to take this test. You have a long way to go before your writing skills become even "passable" as this point.

Home / Writing Feedback / Are the newspapers contents trustworthy?