Newspapers are not being read and news on TV is not being watched by young people...

rubydo 1 / -  

IELTS WRITING TASK 2 - PROBLEM - SOLUTION

The fact is that newspapers are not being read and news on TV is not being watched by young people. It is not only a big concern interest for society but also for television and newspapers stations. In this essay, I will give some causes and suggestions to tackle of this problem.

Most of newspapers and news channels provide too much boring information about economy, business and politics which cannot attract the young. In addition, the language of these topics is too difficult for them to understand. Consequently, they have lack of knowledge about national or international economy and politics. Another reason is that newspapers are delivered in the morning which is inappropriate time for most of people since this time for them to go to school or go to work. Moreover, with the development of technology, more and more young people use smartphone, so they trend to read news from online newspapers and social media site like Facebook or Twitter. However, everyone can post anything on the Internet so many articles are not true.

In my opinion, in order to young people read newspapers, the articles of newspapers should give some interesting knowledge such as health, social skills for life... instead of too much economic and politics information. Besides, I think that many kinds of newspapers should change the size. As a result, the size of newspapers is suitable enough for people to bring everywhere. In schools and universities, the principle can provide free some types of newspapers for students to read.

As I mentioned above, it is important for young people to get news regularly, so newspapers and television stations should upgrade the quality of the articles and news programmes.
Minh Thi 3 / 6 1  
- tackle sth ( not tackle of sth)
- In my opinion, your conclusion is not clear enough as it does not sum up the problems and the solutions. You have to mention about all the problems and the solutions again in the other way instead of that ending.
Ngoc, since you did not post the original prompt with the discussion instruction, I cannot advice you regarding the content of your essay. However, I can tell you this, your essay will not pass during the actual test because there is no actual discussion taking place. In your second paragraph, you indicated 6 discussion points, without any actual development of that discussion through reasoning and evidence presentation. These discussion points should have been focused on the top 3 reasons and discussed in individual paragraphs in the 3 body paragraphs of the essay instead. So your C&C score will be failing at this point. Your GRA, will also not get a passing score because you did not provide the correct sentence presentations to prove that you can properly use the simple and complex sentences to express yourself in English. Keep in mind that there is a minimum 3 maximum 5 sentence ruling per paragraph. That is meant to allow you to show off your English writing skills. You are not supposed to compress all the discussions in just one paragraph. Expand the discussion topics in individual paragraphs next time so that you can make full use of the scoring potential of each bracket requirement.

Home / Writing Feedback / Newspapers are not being read and news on TV is not being watched by young people...