IELTS 1 - Next year developments in an airport are illustrated in the maps provided

Quang Bao 5 / 8 1  

Wiritng IELTS 1- MAP - CHANGES

The plans below show the site of an airport now and how it will look after redevelopment next year.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The alterations an airport will go through in the following year are illustrated in the layouts. Overall, one year from now, the Southwest airport will have changed dramatically. There will not only be a major expansion of the gate area but also a significant addition of facilities.

To be specific, it can be inferred that the gate area will be enlarged and reshaped. Currently, there are only 8 gates around the square chamber, but that number will rise to 18 and the gates will be equally divided into two parts of the new "Y" shape. In addition, the northern walkaway will be replaced with a longer route sky train at the center of the gate area.

The departure and arrival area will also have experienced dramatical modifications, especially the facilities. Along with the addition of a new café after passing passport control at the arrival, at the departure, the café will be replaced with the Check-in as both of them have been repositioned. Besides, it is portrayed that a care hire and an ATM will appear in the arrival area while a shop will also be added and found between the passport control and the gates. Ultimately, the entrance can be seen to shift from one way to two way entrance after redevelopment.

In summary, the map depicts the how the future airport will differ from the current layout. It is highlighted that the airport will have been modernized and improved with new convenience facilities.

I'd love to hear feedback from you guys, thanks in advance!

Please get out of the compressed idea presentation per sentence mindset. The more information you try to add to a single sentence, the less understandable your discussion becomes. Try to properly represent your thoughts over several sentences. You will not be scored less for using 5 sentences, but you will be scored less when your sentences confuse the reader. Let me show you a clear example of one of your unclear sentences due to its long structure:

The departure and arrival area will also have experienced dramatical modifications, especially the facilities

Had you used a period to refer to the modifications then inferred the changes that would be made to the facilities in the next sentence, the presentation would not seem like an incomplete sentence presentation. You could have instead referenced this as:

There will be notable changes to the facilities of the airport, specifically in the departure and arrival areas.

*Yes, it has to be areas+S because the reference has become plural since there is more than one inter-related section listed in the sentence.

care hire

Obvious lack of proof reading and information comparison with the image. It is Car Hire, not care hire.

In summary,

The summary conclusion you are presenting at the end is unnecessary. There is no need to repeat the information that was presented in the first paragraph. This is not an opinion essay, it is only a report presentation with analysis. There is no personal opinion required. Do not confuse yourself with the paragraph sections of the Task 1 and Task 2 essays.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS 1 - Next year developments in an airport are illustrated in the maps provided