Noah and Utnapishtim are exactly the same person

shlortx 1 / 1  
While writing this essay, I want to be neutral and not choose one theory over another just because of my religion. There are two popular theories about a flood which tries to teach us to behave and not commit sins. Noah's and Utnapishtim's flood are very alike but people still discuss which one is real. It is hard to decide but I think I have figured it out. Noah and Utnapishtim are exactly the same person who saved human and animal kind from a worldwide flood.

Both theories are almost the same and serve one point. A lot of people committing sins means trouble to whole humanity. Gods get angered at people and the only way out to teach us humans a lesson is to destroy almost every single one of us. In utnapishtim's theory gods are awoken by humans that's why they are angry, waking up gods in my opinion is a metaphor which has the same meaning as Noah's ark.

There are many parts in Utnapishtim theory which seem really unrealistic, for example living things wouldn't survive in a cube because water would rotate the cube and everybody inside would die, also 6 days wouldn't be enough for the ground to soak all the water. Although Noah and Utnapishtim were the same exact person their stories are a bit changed maybe related to others religions. Noah's flood was changed into a more realistic version so more people would believe it. Then the stories were changed to suit religion, for example the fact that there were many gods in Utnapisthim's flood and there was only one god in Noah's. Most important parts match and that again tells us why these two men are alike.

The details aren't important, what is important is what happened. In both stories we have 1 hero who save mankind from a flood with a special boat with capacity to hold all the animals and some human. Noah and Utnapishtim are the same.

Please help I need this corrected. Thanx
mannyalesh - / 8 1  
It would help if you try to structure your essay so that it discusses the theories clearly and then give your thoughts on it.
- Theory 1 description
- Theory 2 description
- How they compare
- How they contrast

I don't want to give you content advice because I am not well read about Noah and Utnapishtim.
I hope this helps!
OP shlortx 1 / 1  
Thanx :)
mannyalesh - / 8 1  
thumbs up? check out mine please :)

Home / Writing Feedback / Noah and Utnapishtim are exactly the same person