Noise effect. Should we have restrictions on noise?

suong1510 5 / 9 1  

Strict Laws To Control Noise Pollution

Topic: Some people think that there should be some strict controls about noise. Others think that they could just make as much noise as they want. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

I am preparing for Ielts exam this September, so I hope you can help me with writing skill, and give me a band score if possible, because it is really hard studying alone.

Noise pollution is one of the big problems facing today's life, especially with those living in metropolises. It is said, therefore, that people should be given restrictions in making noise, while others disagree. There are some valid arguments for both sides which I will shed light on before jumping to my own conclusion.

On the one hand, supporters of noise-making emphasize on their rights of relaxation after leading hectic schedules. They say that the freedom of joining in entertainment activities such as playing loud music or having fancy parties help clear out their anxiety and stress, thus leading to their increased productivity. Secondly, there are circumstances in which noise is inevitable. People could not, for instance, avoid noise from crowded traffic or drilling sound when repairing their home. Therefore, introducing noise controls would affect their daily life to some extent.

On the other hand, opponents of noise point to the health problems when being exposed to noise in a long period. People living near an intersection or industrial sites, in particular, are more prone to having a splitting headache or heart attacks owing to the constant honk and hammering sounds. Furthermore, they think noise prompts them involve in distractions, thus cancelling out their ability to meet deadlines or preparing for approaching exams. This would have impact on their career and study performance.

To conclude, it seems to me the aforementioned drawbacks outweigh possible advantages. People, therefore, should be fined if making too much noise and affecting their neighbors. For those inescapable noise, I think companies and authorities together should have methods to ensure nearby citizens' life such as equipping soundproof walls or moving them to another quite place.

(My essay has 278 words)
Seba0901 1 / 4  
Hi @suong1510
really nice work!
a small suggestion is that you can write your own position in the end of the first paragraph,
in order to tick 'the IELTS TASK 2 Writing band descriptors' > 'Task Achievement' > 'score 7' > 'presents a clear position
throughout the response
'

Home / Writing Feedback / Noise effect. Should we have restrictions on noise?