Nora becomes prepared to fullfil Pleny's request

tsj456 3 / 5  
Is this good so far?

Overcoming her personal emotions, Nora becomes prepared to fullfil Pleny's request. Nora recognized that Pleny would be dead if his finger was not cut off, so" in neccessity and tenderness, she swiftly did what must be done." During the process of cutting off his finger, Nora was strengthened and committed to not backing down. After the finger was cut off, it was as if Nora was a totally different person that was mentally and physically tough. "As Nora was kickied, a child a child of the plains had awakened within her." When her baby was born, she understood how important life was and precious to grab onto for as long as possible. Accepting the fact that she was a plainswoman, Nora was proud and joyous. Defeating the task, Nora is ready and
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

Yes, so far, so good! I realize this is a rough draft, but I went ahead and make a few corrections for you. Double-check your quotations to make sure they are accurate; the second one, especially.

Overcoming her personal emotions, Nora becomes prepared to fulfill Pleny's request. Nora recognized that Pleny would be dead if his finger was not cut off, so " in necessity and tenderness, she swiftly did what must be done."

When her baby was born, she understood how important life was and precious enough to grab onto for as long as possible.

Defeating the challenge, Nora is ready and

Keep up the good work!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP tsj456 3 / 5  
Greetings!
and Thank you
OP tsj456 3 / 5  
wait but what happens when this whole thing isn't the quote though?
"As Nora was kicked, a child a child of the plains had awakened within her."
can i change it to As "Nora was kicked, a child a child of the plains had awakened within her."

o ya and do you have to put the page number next to the quote?
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I'm not sure I really understand your question about the quotation. While you don't have to use the entire sentence when quoting, you do have to quote the part you are using exactly. Are you sure there isn't any punctuation between "a child a child"? Surely, "a child" isn't in there twice with no comma or dash in between?

You should put the page number after the quotation, yes. If you are using MLA, just put the number in parentheses like this (248). I am assuming you identified the author and book title at the beginning of your essay. If the whole essay is devoted to that one book, you only have to give the title and author once.

I hope this answers your questions!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP tsj456 3 / 5  
thank you

Home / Writing Feedback / Nora becomes prepared to fullfil Pleny's request