Essay about Notepads that changes school life

ZacharyHero 1 / 2  
The notepad is an item that has been with me throughout my school life. I started writing on a notepad when I was studying at elementary school. Keeping notes on notepad has become my study habit for my school life. How did this habit started? A teacher from my elementary school influenced me to start using notepad when she gave me the one notepad that changes my entire school life.

The first notepad that I received was given by my elementary school teacher. During my grade 3, my mid-year grades were very bad. Most of my grades were either grade fail or barely passed. Ever since I received my first notepad from a teacher, my grades began to get better and better. So what are the reasons behind the sudden changed of my grades? There are three reasons for this sudden changed in my grades. First reason was when my teachers gave a lesson, I would take down notes on my notepad and this helped me to pay attention during classes. Second reason was when teachers gave me assignments, I would note down on my notepad to make sure I would not forget there were assignments to submit on certain days. The last reason was that I was able to make full use of my study time when I wrote down my study plan on my notepad to prevent myself from procrastinating.

To this day, I still keep all my old used notepads with me. I will browse through those old used notepads and reminisce about my past school life. Personally I want to say my appreciation to the female teacher that taught me how important a simple item like notepads can be in life. Notepad has been an important item in my life and I cannot live without it. Hopefully, you all will make use of notepad like how I used to be.
jennychen 2 / 2  
First reason was whenever my teachers gave a lesson , I would take down notes on my notepad and this helped me to pay attention during classes.

Second reason was when teachers gave me assignments, I would note down on my notepad to make sure I would not forget there were assignments to submit on certain days.

The last reason was that I was able to make full use of my study time when I wrote down my study plan on my notepad to prevent myself from procrastinating.

I will browse through those old used notepads andreminisce about my past school life.
OP ZacharyHero 1 / 2  
Thank you, so overall is this essay acceptable?
KathyLala 20 / 116  
=> when she gave me the notepad that changes my entire school life.

=> (The first notepad that I received was given by my elementary school teacher). <=Delete this sentence because you already say it in your intro. Start with "During my third grade..."

=> Most of them were fail or...(nothing wrong, just not repeating again "grades")

=> to submit on due days ("due" is more precise than "certain", I think)

=> When I am free = In my spare time,...

=> I will browse through those old used notepads and reminisce about my past school life. (Since browse is verb so does reminisce, parallel structure)

I have notepad like you too! it's so helpful, I agree. Thanks for sharing your experience
OP ZacharyHero 1 / 2  
Thank you for the reply! I will take note of the small mistakes i made.
How did this habit started start?

Hey, welcome to EF, ZacharyHero!

Use THE and A:
The notepad is an item that has been with me throughout my school life. I started writing on a notepad when...

It is not good to use TILL NOW. Instead, do this:
To this day, I still keep all my old used ...

:-)
How did this habit started? How did this habit start.
No need for the "ed."

You do need "ed" here, though:
A teacher from my elementary school influenced me to start using notepad when she gave me the one notepad that changes changed my entire school life.

English is hard, isn't it?! It has stupid little rules...

So what are the reasons behind the sudden changed change of my grades?

There are three reasons for this sudden changed in my grades. The first reason was ...

The second...

Hopefully, you all will make use of notepad like how I used to be do.----Just say "do," because it's easier and clearer.

:-) Nice job!!!!

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay about Notepads that changes school life