Nuclear technology a danger to life on Earth? IELTS

ledlong 1 / -  
Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie in IELTS. Now I'm practicing with Writing skills. Please help me to check following topic:

"We have been living in the nuclear age now for over half a century. Since the first atomic bombs were developed, nuclear technology has provided governments with the ability to totally destroy the planet. Yet the technology has been put to positive use as an energy source and in certain areas of medicine.

To what extent is nuclear technology a danger to life on Earth? What are the benefits and risks associated with its use?"

Answer:

It cannot be denied that, the nuclear technology has brought to our world many benefits in new material fields, a new energy resource and in some areas of medicine. But we are having to face with many risks from the nuclear techonology as well, in especially, in military field, environment. I disagree strongly with the opinion: "Nuclear technology is a danger to life on the Earth"

Since the first atomic bombs were developed, nuclear technology has become a human murder weapon. In the Second World War, Japan received two atomic bombs from American government. It killed a large of people and the influence has effected to human and environment until now. In addition, the explosion in atomic company in Russia was also an example about the risks that nuclear technology can bring

In constract, nuclear technology has also brought to our world many benefits. Nowadays, we are having to face with the rapid exhaustion of the earth's natural resources. The appearance of nuclear technology seems to solve this problem. Just with a little amount, a nuclear reaction can emit an enormous amount of energy that can be used in a long time period with very cheap price. Futhermore, nuclear technology can be used in some areas of medicine for producting new drugs, treating many deseases such as cancer, so on

In conclusion, in fact, anything all has two faces, advantages and disadvantages. So nuclear technology has also the benefits and the risks. But with risks, we almost can avoid by using in the suitable way. In my opinion, in future nuclear resource will become more popular that replaces almost those resouces we are using at present
milos979 - / 1  
In the Second World War, Japan received was bombed with two atomic bombs from American government.
It cannot be denied that, the nuclear technology has brought to our world many benefits in new material fields, a new energy resource and in some areas of medicine.

It cannot be denied that nuclear technology has brought many benefits to the world such as new material fields, new source of energy, new health treatment methodologies etc.

But we are having to face with many risks from the nuclear techonology as well, in especially, in military field, environment.

But at the same time, there are some risks that are associated with nuclear technology. These risks involve environmental pollution and threats to the human existence on earth, for example using this technology for destruction such as making nuclear bombs and other weapons.
salmav 8 / 27 4  
You should use " strong/positive points" instead of benefits, "hindrances/drawbacks" replaces "risk" to lessen repetitions in the essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / Nuclear technology a danger to life on Earth? IELTS