IELTS WRITING TASK 1 the number of books borrowed from four villages

Kellyloo 1 / -  

The line chart illustrates how many books are borrowed from four libraries during a 4-month period.

Overall, there was a rising trend in the number of books borrowed from Western Eaton, Church Mount as well as Sutton Wood, while the quantity of books borrowed from Rye slip was dropping. In June, the number of books borrowed from Ryeslip is the most popular, which was replaced by Sutton Wood in July and September. Therefore, the books borrowed from Sutton Wood became the most popular in the final month.

As for the number of books borrowed from Sutton Wood, at the beginning of period, there was an upward tendency in the number of books borrowed from Sutton Wood from 250 in June to about 260 in July, decreasing to 100 in August. Then it increased dramatically to 300 in September.

Finally, the figure of books borrowed from Western Eaton was seen to increase from 50 to 150 during from June to September, overtaking the number of books borrowed from Church Mount in July.

The report does not have comprehensive information. You have gone directly to the trending statement and information presentation. You totally avoided the Summary Overview which is almost half the total score for the essay. Do not expect to get a passing score when you have not completely met the writing requirements for the task. Your presentation must always start with the summary overview as that helps the reader create a mental image of the discussion you are presenting. Without it, the reader has no idea:

- What the topic is about
- What sort of image is presented
- What data accompanies the analysis of the information

An incomplete summary means that you did not really outline your presentation prior to writing. It means that your work is sloppy and not worth the time it took for you to type up. Even though you presented 155 words, that is no assurance that you have met all of the task requirements for the essay. Never take shortcuts. Always be informative. Start with a summary overview otherwise, your TA score will suffer immensely.

Let me be clear, describing the image in the title does not equate to a summary overview.
RosieJun 1 / 3  
I think you should divide your report into 4 part:
1. Intro: one sentence
2. Overview: - Trend
- Order
3. Body 1
4. Body 2

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 1 the number of books borrowed from four villages