A number of facts as to why computers are considered more of a disadvantage than an advantage.

Lady Elle 5 / 8  
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
Write about the following topic.
Some people consider computers to be more of a hindrance than a help. Others believe that they have greatly increased human potential.
How could computers be considered a hindrance?
Give reasons for your answers and include any relevant examples form your own experience.
Write at least 250 words.

The evolution of computers and technology has been drastic over the years and has made an enormous impact around the world. It is being utilized in many areas such as from simple homes to the school and workplaces, and even in further discovery of the outer space. This brief essay will point out a number of facts as to why computers are considered more of a disadvantage than an advantage.

Some people say that computers are quite helpful in various ways, but for others, it is limiting their optimum potential as human beings, not to mention it is causing personal and psychological problems to others. For instance, in some households where computers are a necessity, they are more prone to developing communication problems among themselves. The tendency is that, it would cause them to interact less with each other and self-isolation will take place. Also, another example is that in the case of children going to school, instead of developing their physical and psychosocial abilities through social interactions, they are more likely limiting themselves by sitting in one corner with their computers or other devices. Furthermore, in workplaces employees get distracted by playing computer games and social networking sites, thereby resulting in inefficiency in work production. Most importantly, computers are the portal to pornography and cyber-crimes such as cyber bullying and scams. Pornography could bring about teenagers to engage in sexual activities and get pregnant at an early age while cyber-crimes such as bullying could have a devastating effect on one's self-esteem, and scams like money laundering might give rise to bigger crimes in the future such as robbery.

In conclusion, the disadvantages actually outweigh the advantages of the use of computers as it causes more problems for most people. Personally, I would suggest that more security would be implemented with the use of computers such as limiting the time of its use and heavier supervision. It is also noteworthy that the government should actively be involved in monitoring the crimes mentioned above to avoid further chaos in the society.

Please feel free to make any corrections. If you can mark my work, that would be great! I'm aiming for at least a 7 band score in writing. Thank you!
naghmeh_ms 4 / 2 2  
I think your paragraphs's subject should change.
in Ielts exam there are some subject about twe different view of peaple. in these subjects you should say in introduction pragraph that there are two different of views.second paragraph you should explain firs veiw and next pragraph explain second view and last pragraph is conclution.
lynn1997h 3 / 37 4  
might want to exceed the 250 word minimum
you can do this by elaborating and broadening your scope, incorporating more ideas as to how computers can be a hindrance, but then refuting those statements and maybe even make some qualifications in your essay

Home / Writing Feedback / A number of facts as to why computers are considered more of a disadvantage than an advantage.