Essay task 1: the number of social networking sites people used in Canada in 2014 and 2015.

phoenix lee 1 / -  
The chart below gives information about the number of social networking sites people used in Canada in 2014 and 2015.

Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

My essay:

The bar chart compares the usage of social networking sites by Canadians in 2014 and 2015, measured in terms of percentages. It divides people into six categories: those who used no sites, one, two, three, four and five sites.

In general, the percentages of people using one site exclusively remained the highest percentages over the period covered whereas that of five sites were the smallest

While slightly more than one in every ten Canadians did not use any social networks in these two years, the rest of them did. Of these particular people, a negative correlation occurred: as the number of these sites increases, the relative amounts of people decrease, especially in those using two sites or more with a correlation coefficient of -2. The biggest overall decrease happened in the one site category, falling from 36% in 2014 to 28% in 2015. By contrast, the proportions for those using multiple sites marginally rose; in particular, rising the least in the two sites group, by only 1%, and the most in the three sites, by 4%.

Excellent work on the summary overview and the trending statement. You have presented a well summarized report that shows the clear points for analysis. However, you have a punctuation mark missing, a period, at the end of the trending statement and that, even though it is just one small error, will be noticed and be given a small GRA markdown by the examiner. Be aware of your writing errors, Always proofread and look for any oversights on your part.

The analysis paragraph should have been divided into 2 as the image shown provides for a 3 comparison grouping system. There are 6 portions for analysis in total. That should cover 3 sets of information per paragraph for analysis. It would have delivered a clearer and more analyzed reporting format to the examiner. Using 4 paragraphs would not have hurt in this presentation as it would have allowed for more clarity in the report presentation.

As far as this work goes, it is not a bad report, but the GRA error and formatting errors cannot be missed either. There will be some deductions applied. However, I do not see those as warranting a failing score for this presentation. It may get by based on a base passing score, or a little higher than that.

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay task 1: the number of social networking sites people used in Canada in 2014 and 2015.