Task 1: The number of visitor to and from the UK over the period from 1979 to 1999

Hengki Yonathan 4 / 4  
The number of visitor to and from the UK over the period from 1979 to 1999 and is measured in millions and most favorite countries visited by UK people in 1999 is illustrated in the line and bar chart. Overall, it can be seen, visitor to and from UK, showed a sharp increase; moreover, UK residents visiting abroad showed more dominant than another and the most popular countries in 1999 visited by UK residents were experienced by France

1979 to 1984 witnessed a slight increase for both categories, visitor to and from UK. The beginning rates for both stood at a fair similar rate, 10 and 13 millions for visitor to and from UK respectively. Afterward, They increased steadily at 13 and 20 million. From 1984 to 1999, visitor visiting UK increased rapidly at approximately 27 million, however, at the same period, visitor visiting abroad ny UK resident rocketed reaching at 55 million. The increase rate saw twice times bigger than overseas residents visiting UK.

There were five most popular countries including Turkey, Greece, USA, Spain, and France. France was recorded as the most popular country visited by UK residents in 1999 at 11 million of UK visitors. The visitor rate visiting Spain reached almost 10 million people. And the other countries showed the rate less than 5 million people. Interestingly, the rate of visitor visiting Greece was about three times less than the rate of visitor to Spain.

ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Hi Hengky, I notice that you were confused on how to write a proper introduction paragraph for multiple charts/graphs. Sorry to say that your first sentence is quite confusing to the reader, and this will not impress the examiner at all. Therefore, it will badly damage your final grade of the essay, since a band 6 score requires you to compose a good one. For this reason, I would like to try to help you by giving an example of my own version of introductory paragraph and its overview towards the general trends of both line and bar chart. Check this out:

The number of visitor to and from the UK

A breakdown of the information about the number of travelers who visit to and from UK, and the most well-known countries which visited by UK citizens is depicted in the bar chart and the line graph. Both chart and graph are measured in millions of people from the year 1979 to 1999, and UK travelers in 1999. Overall, it is noticeable that, UK citizens were highly likely to go abroad, which predominantly interested in visiting France in the end of the period.

There you are Hengky, I hope you follow through my feedback. Good Luck for the next practice :)
Hi Hengky, some additional insights to the analysis. Refer to the previous essay reviews, your linking verbs are still missing, like when you say,"it can be seen," this phrase shpuld be followed with "that", so it's, "it can be seen that", mond that this linking verbs are very vital in order to complete the whole idea of the essay.

Howeve, this are just plain suggestions and we hope that you follow through, the thing is without the linking verbs, as they are regarded to link ideas, the whole sentence will still be good but it lacks the essence of a complete sentence, therefore these verbs are very important.

Overall, it is a well written analysis and I hope to review more of your analysis, for future writing reference, follow through the suggestions provider for your essay and make the most out of every help you can get.

Home / Writing Feedback / Task 1: The number of visitor to and from the UK over the period from 1979 to 1999