Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

nutrition for biology essay: becoming obese.

caseyjasek 1 / -  
i'm not completely done with my essay. but i would love some suggestions or comments about my essay so far. its over nutrition for biology.

In our society today, people are just so crazy about the way they look and what they eat. Mainly everyone would want to be skinny and have that perfect body right? But if that's true then why do people become over weight?

So far in my research I have found out that obesity runs in people's families, also some people have the genetics to gain more weight a lot easier than others because they burn calories a lot slower, and obesity can be caused by a medical disorder. Being overweight can cause diseases people in the society don't often care to know about, like diabetes, heart disease, it can affect a person's joints, their breathing, how they sleep and their energy. Sometimes when people eat a lot more than what they can burn off, their body will store the extra food as fat. Just a little fat on people won't do anything to them, it's until it becomes a pattern to where they keep eating more and more is when they start having more and more fat built up in their bodies. But even with our looks-obsessed society there's more people becoming obese today than any other time period. Every one in 3 children between the ages of 2 and 19 are overweight, so now health problems such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and even type 2 diabetes, that used to just affect adults are now affecting children as well.

During times when food was in short supply, it was an advantage because people weren't eating as much, unlike today where food is available 24 hours a day every day. People may be gaining weight because of unhealthy food choices, like fast food, and family habits. High-calorie foods, low-nutrient snacks and drinks, bigger amounts of food, and less-active lifestyles are all contributing factors to people becoming obese. Sometimes people even turn to food for emotional reasons like when they feel sad, upset, anxious, stressed, and sometimes when they're bored.

A good way to not become obese or maybe even lose some pounds is to pack your lunch. Sometimes you're at the end of the lunch line right? And when you get up there all the good food is gone? So you just grab whatever they have left? Well when packing your lunch you know exactly what you're putting inside your body. Sometimes you might get tired of having the same food over and over again so it's a good way to try something new that you bring from home that they might not have at the school. Especially when you have something after school like a game, it's a good idea to bring your lunch. Something that has a lot of protein in it, instead of going to a fast food restaurant and getting what looks really good. The protein can keep you going a lot longer than fast food can.

If on a diet, people often care about the calories and the carbs in what they are eating. But what most people don't look at is how much protein or what vitamins are in it. Vegetables are as well something good to eat when trying to lose weight. When I was little my momma has always told me to eat my fruits and vegetables, even though I never did. Now that I am getting older I eat them more and more.

Home / Writing Feedback / nutrition for biology essay: becoming obese.