Can any obstacle or disadvantage be turned into something good?

CZeSAY196 1 / 3  

Living life in this strange world may be challenging for everyone. Some are fortunate to live a luxurious lifestyle and others are born with hardship. In either case, everyone faces different kinds of challenges in life and I believe it depends on the people how they are going to adapt and manage the situation to overcome all the obstacles they may experience in life.

This is what I have learned recently as a mom. Saying to a child that he/she is fortunate to live a life without problems is not ideal. Because of the fact that children at a very young age also experience different kinds of difficulties such as: not getting enough attention, not being able to express themselves, not getting what they want, and so on. In this case, parents are supposed to address and help the children overcome these hardships and the best way to do this is to bring out something positive about the situation.

People are made uniquely individuals. I believe that each person is purposely made differently because each one of us has different kinds of roles in this world. Sometime last week, I came across this video of a woman who was interviewed for mother's day. She was sharing all the hardships that she faced in her life. There is one line that she said that really stuck to me. She said, "God gave her obstacles not because He is punishing her but to prepare her for the greater things that she will receive." In her interview she said at the end, she realized that all the hardship she experienced helped her to become a better person for herself and for her children.

Everything that we do is based on our choices and if we want to turn every obstacle, challenge, or negative thing that happens to us into a positive, then we must work on our personality, mental health, and mindset. Each person is responsible for her own happiness and it is us that will decide if we want to bring the positive in every negative we may face in the future. Therefore, In my opinion, yes, any obstacle or disadvantage can be turned into something good.

Thank you for reading! This is just my practice entry. I will take my accuplacer test this Friday and I'm super nervous.
Kindly help me and criticize my work. :)
Since you are taking the accuplacer test as an ESL, you need to consider the number of words you will be writing in relation to the time allottment for the WritePlacer ESL. Kindly ask the testing center, if possible, for the time allottment that you will be given to complete the discussion. At 360 words, I feel like you are overwriting in terms of presentation. Just like any other ESL test, the main consideration of the examiner will be your ability to make yourself quickly and coherently understood in English. Overwriting will open you up to certain scoring errors that you may not be conscious of. It will do you well to know the time constraint in advance, so that you can adjust your writing style accordingly. At any rate, try to keep the presentation simple and concise as much possible. Your score will benefit from it.

It will be best to avoid any religious references in any presentation as religion is a bit of a controversial topic whenever touched upon in the essays. It is best to remain neutral in this aspect and avoid stepping on any toes, just in case. You won't lose points for offering a general discussion, which is what the examiner will expect to read about. Good job on using your life experiences though. That always helps in the scoring consideration. It shows how well you understood the question and its relationship to you.

Home / Writing Feedback / Can any obstacle or disadvantage be turned into something good?