IELTS: Old building must be protected by law, not knocked down.

rara22 2 / 1  
Many old buildings protected by law are part of a nation's history. Some people think they should be knocked down and replaced by news ones. How important is it to maintain old buildings? Should history stand in the way of progress?

Many people have opinion that old buildings must be protected by law because have many histories. However, some people think, the building must be changed with new buildings. I think both of them have different benefit for our life. I will give reasons about my statement in the following paragraphs.

As we know, the old buildings usually have many histories, and then people can learn more knowledge from this building. Especially, for students, they are studying about history of Mohammad Hatta who is proclaimer independence of Indonesia in the school, but they did not know real about the story. So, they can go to the house of Mohammad Hatta. In addition, the old buildings give many benefits for government because more tourists visited this building.

In the other side, we can find several buildings get renovation but keep maintaining the original character of the build and being used for modern purposes. For instance, Jam Gadang which is landmark of Bukittinggi City in West Sumatera, Indonesia. It is a different building which exists only in the town of Bukittinggi. The obelisk shaped building with a height of 26 meters which has four hours on the four sides of the top. The building was built in 1826 as a gift from the Queen of the Netherlands. So until now, many tourists who is visiting the building not only come from local tourists, but also people emanate from foreign tourists.

To summary, governments should keep the buildings so not need to knock down the buildings. As it is mentioned before, those buildings reflect the history of the nation. Replacing those buildings with new ones may be a temporary solution for inhabitants but will certainly be the loss of a part of history permanently. I think, it is very important to protect and conserve old buildings because we can learn about our history from the buildings.
upinipin 32 / 49 1  
So until now, many tourists who is visiting the building not only come from local tourists, but also people emanate from foreign tourists.

so cannot in front of sentence
Eva Novita Sari 47 / 71 2  
Welcome... :)

Replacing those buildings with new ones may be a temporary solution for inhabitants but will be certainly be the loss of a part of history.

do not forget, after modal + v1
fikri 5 / 317 71  
Many people have opinion that old buildings must be protected by law because (you should put a subject here) have many histories.

However, some people think, the building must be changed with new buildings.

However, some people think that the building must be changed with new buildings.
halleybachelor 16 / 25 1  
To summary

To summarize or in summary
Many people have opinion that old buildings must be protected by law because they have many histories.a great historical value. However, some people think, the buildings must be changed with new buildingshave a face lift to look more modern and therefore should be replaced with new buildings.

I think both of them have different benefit for our life.I will give reasons about my statement in the following paragraphs .

In my opinion, both these views have their own merits and demerits.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
This is the pattern for the concluding paragraph I suggest:
It is nicer if you could construct this paragraph with this pattern below:
1. a 'conclusion' signal: In conclusion, ....etc,
2. a summary of the main points or a restatement of the thesis (in different words!)
3. a final comment, based on the information in the essay
The final comment can be:
3.1. a warning or prediction (often using the first conditional: If ..., ... will ...)
3.2. a suggestion or recommendation (often using should or must)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: Old building must be protected by law, not knocked down.