IELTS 2-- old buildings should be knocked down?

land1111 5 / 12  
People think that old buildings should be knocked down and give way to the new buildings. Do you agree or disagree? How important are old buildings to us?

Some people assert that old buildings should not be in the way of new building. I could not agree, especially for the old but stable buildings. And some historical buildings deserve to be protected and preserved.

Admittedly, old building would be danger if they stand too long, however, this kind of buildings no cover in the essay. I try to describe something to prove the idea of knocking down all the old building is one-sided think.

Save is our time-honored tradition. We set up a building which plan to use 20 years, but in fact we tear down only 10 years after usually. And ironically, there is plenty of land beyond the central of city available. Heavy traffic and precious land in downtown indicate that we should set up a satellite town rather than knocked down the high building and give way to the higher buildings again and again.

Some historical buildings are legacy of human civilization. We keep them to remember the virtue that somebody or something shows us. Maybe the huge mistaken we ever did, the one of bravest men ought to be honored or a great victory. We do not have to risk the potential of losing that spiritual wealth. Our ancestors preserve the buildings, so can we.

Old buildings have a good reason to survive usually. The buildings with a long history carry loads of value; even we cannot find it yet. We need to think twice before we tear it up and try our best to protect our time-honored tradition and spiritual wealth.
dannyhou - / 1  
"however, this kind of buildings no cover in the essay." did not make sense

also try not to use "in this essay"

"We set up a building which plan to use 20 years" who's "we" me, you or anyone. You could say the Government or Investors.

Also "We set up a building which plan to use 20 years" missing something yes! "We set up a building which is planedtoforuseusage of 20 years"

Overall Good points and very nice essay.

Danny Hou

Student

Red = get rid of it
bold= replace or add
willywonka 1 / 2  
This essay is really helpful.I'm thinking about this topic so long.
Thank you so much!
Mriytunjay 4 / 8 2  
Old buildings are heritage to our culture and it represents our mode of development. This also portrays our art and architecture. Thus, I believe that, these should be renovated to symbolize our long heritage.

Many castles in Rajastan,Jaipur, MP Gwalior are come in this category. Hence, demolishing such artifacts will not only deprive us from our culture, but also we will be losen our own history. These buildings retains many jewels to find within. These portray the style of living of the society at that time. Further, these also attracts tourists and help government to earn revenue. Furthermore, many of such castles are converted in to big holiday destinations. As it must cost much more to build a hotel rather than renovate a older one and turn it to a nice holiday vacation place.Thus I believe that, It is better to preserve these kind of old buildings rather than demolishing. However, still some building exists, which are completely decayed and no mare usable. Moreover, possibility of accidents should be avoided as these may demolished naturally. Such buildings should be taken care of otherwise.

At the end, the buildings those need renovations, so that, it can be turned in to a heritage and tourists site can be better preserved, and other not usable should be demolished and that space should be utilized with better things like parks, Malls, hospitals, health centers, playgrounds, which are best suited and need to the present society.

Kindly score it with IELTS band. And notify my grammatical errors...
MJ
Some people assert that old buildings should notbe in the way ofreplaced by new buildings. ------------- '' in the way'' seems to confuse the reader

I could not agree, especially for the old but stable buildings. ------------- this sentence should sound more powerful because it is your view on this argument. It needs to have a punch :)

I cannot agree with this generalization because some old buildings , especially the ones with rich historical value, needs to be preserved and protected. :)
OP land1111 5 / 12  
thank you for your helpful advice.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS 2-- old buildings should be knocked down?