'Old is Gold' - keeping old friends or making new ones? -TOEFL

nlakhots 5 / 9  
I am having my TOEFL exam next week. Friends please do rate it.

It is more important to keep old friends than to make new ones. Agree or disagree..??

Friends are like our co-travelers in our life's journey. When we fall, they boost us to lift up and get the goal and when we actually get our goal, they are the ones who greet us in our victory celebration. In my point of view a loyal friend has equal importance in our life as our own relatives. Man actually needs friends. To be fastidious its our basic need or our want. So, one right from his school's first day start making friends. Old friends, new friends, best friends, pen friends etc. one can classify a friend within many such labels. But i personally believe that these are the old friends who are far more important than the others because of some of the following reasons.

As per they say, "Old is Gold...!!!", to me the closeness, comfort and coziness provided by an old mate is far more precious than even gold. Our old mates are those who have seen every phase of our life, right from our childhood to our geriatric. They are known to each and every character and habit of ours. Our likes, dislikes, our face's expression when we are angry or filled with blithe. To be meticulous everything. While new ones usually join us because of what we are or may be because they need something from us.

Again our inside's hidden childhood or frankness which we want to express only comes easily in front of our old buddies. The reason to this is again we do feel the easiness in front of them. While, while making new friends one need to adapt or adjust to be precise with the other's character.

Old friends are more caring towards us as they have no selfishness inside them. That's why i do feel secure with them because they are flexible. Instead of turning us they adapt themselves according to us. For instance, i am right now in Bangalore as a trainee in an IT firm. But i am basically from Howrah. I love to make friends as they are needed. I have my old friends in Howrah and the new ones here in Bangalore. I have seen that whenever i need to hangout with my bangalorian mates i need to first inform them a day before or take an appointment. In the contrast, whenever i go back to my place i find my old buddies down there on the station platform waiting for me every time.

My views about friendship are pretty clear. It is not actually about deeds, its about emotions and feelings. They win over our emotional quotient. So, as rather than the mere physical presence emotional aspects have more respect in my life i do feel with full confidence that the old friends are more important than the new ones.
testtaker 6 / 20 4  
Hi nlakhots!

So, one right from his school's first day start making friends

. I think it is better to write: "So, people start making friends from the first day of school." What do you think?

Old friends, new friends, best friends, pen friends etc.

...."Friends can be of many kinds such as old friends, new friends...."

one can classify a friend within many such labels.

..."One can classify a friend by many criteria."

They are known toknow each and every character characteristic and habit of ours.

They are also familiar with our likes, dislikes, our face's expression when we are angry or filled with blithe

To be meticulous, everything are known to/by them.

While, while For making new friends one need to adapt to or adjust withbe precise with the others character.

So, as rather than the mere physical presence, emotional aspects have more respect in my life; I do feel with full confidence that the old friends are more important than the new ones.
OP nlakhots 5 / 9  
thnx 4 ur precious attention...!!
When we fall, they boost us to lift up and get the goal and when we actually get our goal

When we fall, they lift us up and keep motivating us until we reach our goal.

Friends are like our co-travelers in our life's journey. When we fall, they boost us to lift up and get the goal and when we actually get our goal, they are the ones who greet us in our victory celebration. In my point of view a loyal friend has equal importance in our life as our own relatives. Man actually needs friends. To be fastidious its our basic need or our want.

The same idea is getting repeated many times. Avoid repetition because it makes the reader tired.
I think you need to pay attention to the essay structure. Have you been able to finish this on time?

Home / Writing Feedback / 'Old is Gold' - keeping old friends or making new ones? -TOEFL