IELTS Task 2 : Old home Cares: Who should be responsible ? family or Governmnet

haris86 1 / 1  
In Britain, when someone gets old they often go to live in a home with other old people where there are nurses to look after them. Sometimes the government has to pay for this care.

Who do you think should pay for this care, the government or the family?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Old homes and proper care of the old people has been an intriguing issue for years. In my opinion it is a family responsibility, in the very first place to take care of their elders when they get old. After that government and society should take steps that old people and old homes get all the proper care to live healthy life.

The old people have spent all of their lives for their families. They raised, support and made them able to live in the society. They gave them values, courage and motivation to face all hardships. So, when they get old and need moral and physical support, it is the family responsibility to stand beside them. Give them respect, love and care as they gave you when you are dependent on them.

In addition to that, there are circumstances when the family is not able to take proper care of their elders. Such as, financial problems or the old one has no one left in the family. In such cases, I would suggest it is the government responsibility to pay for their expenses. After all, these individuals have paid taxes and support the government to run the state.

In all cases, old people cannot be left alone. These people deserve equal rights and care either from their families or the government. And to make it applicable, the government should keep checks on old homes, if the old people are getting proper care or not. And what lifestyle is given to them in the old home.
Well.... I think you need to pay more attention to the essay approach which is more appropriate for this task.Your essay needs to have an introduction, body paras (ideally two or three) and a conclusion. In the intro, introduce the issue to the reader and tell them what is your stand on the issue. Then in body paras, give the reasons as to why you hold that stand and support your reasons with specific examples. Then in the conclusion, sum up everything you said previously and reinstate your opinion.
OP haris86 1 / 1  
Thank you eddies and dummy . I have made changes according to you suggestions . Kindly take a look .

In today's world Elderly people usually opt to live in old House where they could find other people of the same age. They are provided with health care workers who offer full services to them. Unfortunately, this sometimes leads to an exuberant expense on the government. In my opinion Individual himself should be able to carry out all his expenses. I also believe that along with the government, it is the responsibility of the family to look after their seniors.

The old people have spent all of their lives for their families. Parents specifically raise, support and make their children able to live in the society. They gave their offspring values, courage and motivation to face all hardships. So, when they get old and need moral and physical support, it is the children responsibility to stand beside them and take care of their expenses

.
Moreover, Individuals should also plan well ahead and save some fortune for themselves before their retirement age, so that they won't be a burden on anyone later in their life. They could save extra money through investment schemes and pension plans. This way they would be able to bear all the expenses for themselves without depending on anyone.

In addition to that, there are circumstances when neither the individual nor the family is able to take the responsibility. Such as, financial problems or the old one has no one left in the family. In such cases, I would suggest it is the government responsibility to pay for the old people expenses. As these individuals have paid taxes and support the government to run the state all their life.

In short, Old people are the mutual responsibility of the individual himself, his family and the government. If one is not able to bear expense the other must fulfill his duties and take care of the elderly people.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2 : Old home Cares: Who should be responsible ? family or Governmnet