IELTS Essay: Old people health care. Is it the responsibility of the family or government

bapu_60 1 / 2  
The 'age old' question of whose responsibility are the poor old people who have no source of income and elderly who
cannot take of themselves. Some section of people suggest it is the responsibility of the immediate family;
others would argue it is the government's duty to take care of the older people.In the essay we will see that
government is more equipped and are more accountable. [..]

I am aiming for band level 7 in ielts so let me know of the general flaws which may stop me from getting that.
znack 7 / 31 5  
What is the quesion of this topic? It is hard to check your writing without clear prompt.

cannot take of themselves
. there is a question whose responsible for the supporting of seniors' health. Some section of people suggest it is the responsibility of the immediate family;while
others would arguethat it is the government's duty to take care of the older people.the is essay we will provesee that
the government is more equipped and are more accountable to handle this duty.

Firstly,the older citizens of Britain may not have any immediate familyFirst sentence should be topic sentence not example!
In case,thea retired person may not have a family
or even in case where thea family has desserted him for a reason .In this case, which is most probably the the reality of
many old people,
the government has to take the onus and take care of of itsthese citizens.In addition, The country's law may is not not be implemented to force a family to take care of their parents or elderly. Also,it would be really difficult to enforce such a law.

Second paragraph should be concentrated on the other side of the issue - family
Secondly, good goverment's schemes can be implemented to assure the well-being of a person people after his/her they retirement.The
policies like provident funds and other low risk financial plannings can be backed by the government to ensure that a person is
well covered for his living after retirement and also taken care by well devised health palns.The government should educate
its citizens to ecourage to participate and invest in such schemes and encourage people to participate.

Thirdly, it may be immensely costly to afford health care and need of a older person.The government has to step in and
regulate these expenditure as it may be increasingly difficult for the a family to provide.Depending on the economy , the government
difinitely has the financial prowesspower to take care of the older people.

In conclusion, I strongly believethat the government is in the better position to take care of the elderly, also it is the responsibility
of a good government to take care of its citizen

This conclusion does make any sense. You must compare a family and the government and as a corollary make a conclusion.

I wish it is hoped, unfortnatelly you cannot achieve band 7 without the structure of Ielts essay.
Try to learn about Dumi's approach in this forum.
OP bapu_60 1 / 2  
Thanks..Znack

I will look into Dumi's approach. Also i think i essays are immature ..
The 'age old' question of whose responsibility are the poor old people who have no source of income and elderly who cannot take of themselves.

.... this sentence has several issues - First and most important one is that you do not deliver your idea clearly. Clarity is the most important aspect of writing. Second it has grammar errors. Write simple short sentences limiting one idea per sentence.

Some section of people suggest

Some section of people suggests
Some sections suggest
OP bapu_60 1 / 2  
The exact question was

In britain when someone gets old they often go to live in a home, with other old people. There are Nurses to look after them and sometimes the Government pays for their Care.Who do you think, should pay Government or the Family?

Do i still need to write about both sides of the argument?
Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Hi Babu,
I believe in all countries, the old people move to elderly care homes due to the lack of family support. hence it is good to compare the things in your view and state your position in both introduction and conclusion.

Good luck!!!
.In the essay we will see that government is more equipped and are more accountable.

... State your opinion more clearly and more direct when concluding your introduction.

Firstly,the older citizens of Britain may not have any immediate family.

... Your prompt is more general and it is not specific to Britain. So, do not narrow down the scope of your prompt. First tell the reason in general and then have the Britain's case as an example to convince your reader about your reasoning.

Also, have the habit of including your prompt with the essay so that we exactly know what your prompt requires and accordingly we can align our comments for you.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Essay: Old people health care. Is it the responsibility of the family or government