There is this an old saying: opposite poles attract. The same applies to relationships. Test 3 TOEFL

gabrieloandco 10 / 11 11  
Question: "It is better to marry someone who is similar to you, rather than someone who is different from you?" Do you agree with this statement?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is this old saying: opposite poles attract. The saying mainly refers to the attraction between persons with diverse ideals and backgrounds. However, when you ask people who they would marry, you often hear: "the one that is similar to me". In the end, who is right: the old saying or the popular opinion?

Well, it is easy to think that people that have most things in common with us will be the best pattern. However, this has a rather psychological reason: most persons´ personal history determines it to be that way. Our first love tends to be someone with whom we share something; let it be a hobby, a school, a career and such. Also, they often have the same background as us, speak the same language and mostly have the same objectives in life. But it is never the first love the greatest.

Many studies suggest that most divorces come from couples that have had only one partner in their life. It is something evident, if most of us don´t achieve at an activity or task on our first attempt, then how can we expect to choose the right partner the first time? How can we expect to find love if we have only sought our surroundings? It is like a squirrel expecting to find all the nuts in the same tree. Diversity is often healthy for us in our life, and then a diverse couple would also be healthy to have.

In this and many cases, I think that a saying is wiser than an opinion. People often seek partners with different experiences but will rarely admit it. South Americans seek blonde people, European seek the most colored ones. We all seek the rarest things, the hardest to find nearby. Finally, I suggest anyone to marry the one person that is most different from them. Marry someone that studies something else, someone from another culture; that way your marriage will last longer and you´ll enjoy the diversity within.
Hi Gabriel, I would like o add a few insights to your essay.

First of all, if I were to ask, when it comes to relationship, I personally believe that, one should consider all there that has to be considered, such as family background, education, hobbies, personal opinion on things and more importantly, finances, this is a very important aspect of a relationship, if the couple is not able to talk about and settle things when it comes to finances, then they might not be able to work things out in the end.

Going back to your essay, I believe you managed to showcase each and every opinion you want to convey to your readers, the fact that you clearly stated all our ideas only means that you understood the prompt and you know exactly how to construct the details of your project.

However, I believe that the final paragraph can still be enhanced;

- In this and many casesFrom the reasons mentioned above ,
- I thinkbelieve that a saying is wiser than an opinion.
- but willwould rarely admit to it.
- Finally, I suggest anyone to marry thethat one
- the diversity from within.

There you have it Gabriel, I hope the above remarks and insights helped in your revision, do let us know when you need further assistance.

Home / Writing Feedback / There is this an old saying: opposite poles attract. The same applies to relationships. Test 3 TOEFL