Older people struggle with use of modern technology. Reasons and solutions

GATE 9 / 17 1  

How to survive in the digital world?

Some older people struggle with the use of modern electronic technology such as smartphones, computers. What are the reasons and give your solutions? ( please give me a score)

We all are living in an epoch of advanced technology and people have to learn new things to adapt with the modern technology. It is generally seen that senior citizens become the victims whenever new technology launches due to lack of knowledge and to overcome the same, we need to educate them so that they do not feel left behind.

Undoubtedly, we come across with the updation in electronic gadgets on frequent basis and adolescents are smart enough these days that they cope up with them quite easily. However, the older people always struggle in using the smart phones, laptops because of its technicality and lack of knowledge. For example, there are various hi-tech apps in one/a mobile phone like WhatsApp, Camera, Messaging, Facebook etc. it appears so difficult for them to understand the cumbersome gadgets on their own.

To resolve the issues faced by those individuals, there is a need to set up institute to impart training to them so that they can also be well versed with the technology. Various studies have shown that elderly people in New York are able to use the electronic gadgets easily since institutes therein teach them about the functions of devices. Moreover, it is advisable that the companies who are launching the new phones must vouchsafe the people by providing the manual with pictures printed on it so they can understand it well.

All in all, to survive in the digital world everyone has to adapt to the technological environment by learning the new things at every stage in the life otherwise they will find themselves in difficult situations.

(267 words)
noneknow - / 1  
THE modern technology
THE new things
in THE life
Waterloop 6 / 17  
I think you didnt mention 'how' elderly findit to difficult in learning these new skills. You may say the senior friends have chronic neck pain, decreased sensitivity of eye sight, slower muscle movement etc, these make them far behind other generations when coping with technological advancement

there is a pressing need
jhhh11 14 / 30  
I think that the word "victim" is wrongly used.

Your conclusion must specifically refer to the elders, and restate summary again.
Ptp03 4 / 6  
Clearly you have written under the required word count, and it is likely that you will be penalized for this fault.
Your second paragraph does not seem to delve much into the reasons behind the difficulties that the elderly often find when they use hi-tech devices. It looks a bit facile.

Home / Writing Feedback / Older people struggle with use of modern technology. Reasons and solutions