Oman and Saudi Arabia spent four-fifths water on agriculture, less on domestic and industrial needs

aidafitria18 9 / 14 1  
The bar chart illustrate the water use in Gulf countries in 2000. Overall, it can be seen that Qatar, Oman UEA and Saudi Arabia dominated the use of water in agricultural. While Bahrain and Quwait spent more water in domestic use.

Oman and Saudi Arabia spent four-fifths water in agriculture, but there countries spent a small amount of water in domestic and industrial. Likewise UAE and Qatar spent much water in agriculture. The percentage almost two times from domestic water use, but very small number is seen in industrial. The number of spent domestic water in UAE and Qatar was higher than Oman and Saudi Arabia, while the number of spent industrial water was similarly.

Turning to Bahrain and Kuwait, the most water use was in domestic, which reach over than 40%. Agriculture water use in Bahrain is double than Kuwait. While the use of industrial water in Bahrain is less than Kuwait.

(153 Words)
Yusuf05 11 / 14 2  
Hi Aida,
After reading you writing, allow me to address the alternatives.

First and foremost, we usually begin our introduction by usingpresent simple tenseto illustrate what are on the chart.
So, it should be:

-> The bar chart illustrates the water use..
->..Oman, UEA, and Saudi Arabia dominated themostly use of water in for agricultural e .
-> While Bahrain and Quwait [careful with the spelling: KUWAIT ] spent [SPEND - SPENT - SPENT] more water in domestic use.

The rest of paragraphs we use "the tense" in accordance with the indicated time frame.
As the data takes place in 2000, the we assume it occur in the past time (v2).

-> Oman and Saudi Arabia spent four-fifths water in agriculture, but therethese countries spent (...) in domestic and industrial. Likewise, UAE and Qatar spent...
-> ...but very small number is seen infor industrial.
-> ...while the number of spent for industrial was similarly .
-> ...Agriculture water use in Bahrain was double than Kuwait.
... industrial water in Bahrain was less than Kuwait.

Make sure that you always apply one tense in a sentence.
The other important point is
, I agree if you say it is sometimes difficult, instead just describe the trend, you better try to analyse it. Pick up the important part to discuss.

That's all from me.
Hopes that help!

Home / Writing Feedback / Oman and Saudi Arabia spent four-fifths water on agriculture, less on domestic and industrial needs