"Only once one has known real sadness can one feel true happiness"

parthasarathy17 1 / -  
This is the topic I got in my mock test 1. I was wondering if you guys could rate it and point out my mistakes. Thank you.

Happiness in itself is relative. Sadness too is relative, but we all know that these two are the negations of each other. They are two extremes. I firmly believe that only with true sadness experienced can true happiness be felt. This argument is quite applicable in all our lives. There has to a balance, no one can be perfectly happy without experiencing sadness nor can anyone be perpetually morose. There is no relativity to it if you just experience happiness. To attain perfect balance, we have to experience both the extremes in order to feel the originality in both happiness and sadness.

There are many examples which further prove my point. I would like to bring in the quote "failure is a stepping stone to success". To analyse this quote, we have a negative, that is the failure and a positive that is the success. With repeated failures come fresh experiences which lead us to a step closer to success. Thomas Edison rightly said, "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work". The happiness that Edison felt when he invented the light bulb after repeated failures gives us an image of both extremes being experienced.

The intractable problem of the measurement of the volume of objects when solved by Archimedes gives us an idea of the relativity involved in both happiness and sadness. The elated Archimedes ran on the streets naked to explain to his king the solution he discovered. This quite explains the fact that only true experience with sadness can lead you to feel the originality in the happiness.

The relation between happiness and sadness is best experienced in personal relationships. Only when true loss is felt within, will a person understand the importance of the presence of that person.

In conclusion, I do believe that due to the negating nature of the extremes, happiness and sadness along with the relativity between the two makes for a cogent case for the above given argument.
wordsnyworld 1 / 1  
parthasarathy17
NUMBER 1

" This quite explains the fact that only true experience with sadness can lead you to feel the originality in the happiness. "
That part can be written as "only when one experiences true sadness can he feel happiness in its true meaning"
it is only a suggestion because i feel this gives your paragraph more intensity.

NUMBER 2

There are many examples which further prove my point. I would like to bring in the quote "failure is a stepping stone to success".

instead of saying 'i would like to bring in the quote' you can say, 'For example,the quotation,"failure is a stepping stone to success".

Again, just a suggestion.
all in alll, the paragraph is great and gets your point across to the reader...

MUCH LOVE <3,
VANI :)
I firmly believe that only with true sadness experienced can true happiness be felt.

I firmly believe that without having experienced true sadness, one would not really feel what true happiness is.

There has to be a balance, no one can be perfectly happy without experiencing sadness nor can anyone be perpetually morose.

.... you expressed the same idea earlier too. So, this sounds repetitive.

There is no relativity to it if you just experience happiness. To attain perfect balance, we have to experience both the extremes in order to feel the originality in both happiness and sadness.

Relativity exists only when there are two things to compare. Therefore, happiness being a relative experience, needs to be assessed against the other extreme of sadness. ... Now have an example to justify your reasoning. Otherwise it would not be interesting for the reader to follow.

Home / Writing Feedback / "Only once one has known real sadness can one feel true happiness"