Which one is better: STEM or STEAM?

solivagant 8 / 15 6  

evaluating school curriculum

Some people say that art subjects such as music, drama and creative writing are an essential part of education, and every school should include them in its syllabus. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give your opinion and examples from your own experience.

In the last decades, test-based assessment has pushed the fine arts further toward the margins. However, I think that art subjects are integral parts of learning and they should be added to every school curriculum for several reasons.

Firstly, the arts may help learners develop essential skills which will certainly carry over into their education, career and other parts of life. Assuming the latest technological advances, creativity and decision making skills are probably the best outcomes of art-based education, as they are less likely to be replicated by robots. Art subjects, such as painting and creative writing , get students to use their own imagination and express themselves freely which is almost impossible in academic subjects. Also, these kinds of disciplines teach children how to make decisions and solve problems independently. For example, while writing , they should decide on the content and deal with the technical problems on their own.

Secondly, providing art classes at schools can actually improve the academic performance. Most of the art subjects, particularly music seem to make unique contributions to brain development. For instance, in my country, many parents, especially the wealthy ones encourage their children to learn to play any particular musical instrument, because it is widely accepted to make them smarter as they grow up. That`s why there is also a growing tendency to incorporate art into the way other subjects are learned.

In conclusion, I believe that the arts are necessary for a well-rounded education, as they can provide students with a variety of skills they will need as adults.
tranphuongnhi 3 / 5  
Hello @solivagant
I hope my feedback will be useful for you
Art subjects,... get students to make students use ...

Secondly, Following this, providing ...
Maria - / 1,098 389  
@solivagant
Hello!

Generally speaking, your writing profile is sufficient in terms of providing the bare minimum necessary content and structure to make it informative. This is a positive attribute. You only need to enhance your capacity in adding depth to the overall composition, ensuring that you are more elaborate in the long-run when it comes to restructuring your content.

Try to evade the usage of quite loose examples. Instead, focus more on firmer real-world examples as these will be more convincing for your readers to read up on. For instance, in your second paragraph, try to explain that these artistic endeavors are also beneficial and fruitful career paths, especially if in the right geographical location and with ample resources to begin with. Try to give more concrete examples such as explaining how these endeavors plan out in real-life.

Furthermore, try to also be more realistic with your explanations. Is it really true that there is a genuine correlation between academic performance and the artistic endeavors of children? If you can be more specific, this will help you create a more systematized approach.

Best of luck as always in your writing.

Home / Writing Feedback / Which one is better: STEM or STEAM?