One change in the college experience

Savi 1 / 1  
Topic: Imagine that you could have made one change in your college experience. Explain what change you would have made and what difference it would have made.

changing my attitude toward chemistry

As we all know changing the past is not a thing! Still, if I had to imagine one change in my college experience that would be my attitude towards Chemistry. Being a better learner of the this subject would have improved my score and taken me to different heights. My one simple change would have made my college experience more wonderful and fruitful.

Though my performance in other subjects like math, physics and computer science were quite good! Chemistry was a different story. This subject for some reason was hard for me. To be specific, I was good in Chemistry lab but theory is what suffered. I would study all night. I would take so much pressure that my memory diminished most of the things that I read. As a result, my outcome during examination time was medium. The stress of thinking I may not do well in Chemistry, affected my overall results.

After all these years I do realize there were things I could have done better. I could have definitely asked my parents to get me help for chemistry theory. Maybe it would have guided me to better path. Hopefully I would have developed more interest in acquiring the knowledge without worrying about the results. That would have probably lead to a positive outcome. That means better aggregate results and most likely steered me to different path.

Nonetheless, positive outlook of this issue is me getting a chance to recognize such issues in my students. I am able to guide them , suggest which subject they need to get more help in. So, they don't have to look back like me and think 'wish I had got help on this subject'. My students will always do better because of my optimistic approach.

So, if I were to change one thing about my experience during my college times . I would had got help in Chemistry. It would change my attitude towards the subject and guided me towards development.
chuckmane 1 / 2  
Hi Savi, i love your transitions at the start of the passages. You could have elaborated a bit more on the things you could have done to improve your chemistry.
OP Savi 1 / 1  
@chuckmane
Thank you for your feed back. Will work on elaborating the idea of how I could have improved my chemistry .

Home / Writing Feedback / One change in the college experience