One of the interesting differences in culture between America and Vietnam

TranAnh 3 / 6 2  
Topic:

Compare the culture between America and Vietnam by 1 paragraph

(should detail only 1 pattern)

Before you go abroad for travelling or studying, you should have some knowledge of its cultures or you will feel a bit shocked. There are several dissimilarities of the greeting pattern between Vietnam and America which assist you in not being new to the surroundings.

Firstly, the courtesy for meeting others has a few diversities, compared to 2 countries. In particular, Americans shake hand with the opposite sex ordinarily, otherwise Vietnamese slightly bow the head or put the hands in front of the chest in order to show more respect. In addition, Americans afford to greet anyone in the family first, contrarily a Vietnamese salutes the head of a household or an older person first, then the youngest ones.

Moreover, the manner of expressing friendliness is a considerable contrast as well. For instance, people in America usually exchange cheek-kisses to reveal how much they like or love each other, but in Vietnam they never do that and it even causes shock to most married woman.

Furthermore, the mode of making clear happiness by slapping someone on the back is acceptable in America. However, it is insulting to Vietnamese, especially to women and then the person who did that will be considered as a rude guy in Vietnamese eyes.

In conclusion, each region has its own amazing culture and it can make people from others a little bit stunned. Even though, exploring them is an interesting job which may bring everybody some fantastic experiences.

Please give me some feedback and advice to make it more academic.
Thank you a lot.
pinkpoet 1 / 6 5  
great job... the only thing wrong with this comparison essay is that you did not state any similarities at all. keep in mind that when comparing two things it is advisable to also state the similarities and then use the similarities to emphasize their differences. this makes a comparison essay stand out.when you write a comparison essay, there is usually a comparison between two dissimilar this that have a few things in common (similarities).And in order to do this you have to first research the similarities and differences. i'll give you and example of what i mean.

For instance you were asked to compare between a dog and a cat. i can pick my topic to be
A narrow theoretical analysis of animal species: comparing between a cat and a dog

In the animal kindom, there are several animals that scientists considered to be of the same species. scientist have been able to prove, with much evidence, that animals of similar species may differ in class,size, body composition and structure. The cat and the dog are one of many examples. Although many may be thorn apart and confused by the simple idea of comparing between a cat and a dog, it still remains aparrent that these two animals, share several similarities and differences.

while Cats and dogs are both of the same species (mammals), their physical characteristices and features are slightly different...

although both cats and dog are considered to be domestic animals, their attitude toward their owners are very different. Generally dogs are much more friendlier and loyal to their owners than cats and owners notice that cats are sometimes more selfish, aloof and sometimes snubby....

do you see what im trying to do? i am using the similarities to highlight the diffences between a cat and a dog. Remember the whole point of the essay is for the readers to understand how to distinguish between the two things that are being compared. at the end of a comparison essay, readers should understand fully the similarities as well ae the difference between the things that are being compared.

Home / Writing Feedback / One of the interesting differences in culture between America and Vietnam