One set fixed punishment for all crimes is more efficient.

tugyts 3 / 4  
Many people believe that having a fixed punishment for all crimes is more efficient.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a fixed punishment?

It is commonly considered by many that whether punishments for crimes should be fixed.Although there are some disadvantages of fixed punishments,I believe that it is better to judge each crime individually.

There are some positive outcomes for having one set punishment for each crime.First of all,the system of fixed punishment for each crime would be dissuasive from offending crime because,during imprisonment,being inmate with somebody who are killer is too scary for a robber.Secondly, discriminated against ordinary people may disappear and celebrities and politicians could be judged the some way.This means will be no more complaints about the corrupt justice system due to the class discrimination among people.

However,I would argue that the circumstances of a crime and offender's motivation should have an influence on the punishments.For example,stealing to feed a family cannot be treated the same way as stealing for profit.In such cases,only the judge who takes all additional information about the crime into the consideration can give the best response.Admittedly,the jury can also decide whether an offender had evil intentions or just tried to survive.As a result,this approach would make a more humane justice system.

In conclusion,despite the disadvantages of fixed punishments,it seems to me that each crime should be judge taking both the circumstances and motivation into account.
behieli 7 / 19 4  
... one set punishment for each crime.Fir st of all,the system of fixed ...
... dissuasive from offending crime because,du ring imprisonment,be ing inmate with somebody who are ...

Please put the First of all, secondly & ... in beginning of a new paragraph and use space after commas and other punctuation marks.

discriminateddiscrimination against ordinary people may disappear

This means there will be no more complaints about ...

e.Ad mittedly, put in a new paragraph

it seems to me that each crime should be judged taking both the circumstances and motivation into account.
Hi Tugba, WELCOME to Essay Forum, this website is aimed at helping out, both students and writers alike, in making sure that we get better with the craft and be able to learn as well as share what we do best.

Now, after reading your essay, I believe the prompt is answered in a manner that is understood and the information you associated to it is relevant as well. The opinions that you brought up in the essay is elaborated properly and the manner of transition is smooth.

Moreover, you made sure that the words you choose are not as mind boggling as most of the essays are written, most of the time, the simpler the essay, the better it is to be understood and for this kind of prompt, the more elaborate and simple your words are, the better is the essay.

For now, job well done and I hope to read more of your writing here on EF.
OP tugyts 3 / 4  
what do you think my essays sample ,which band score can I get ?
Hi Tugba, I may not be sure of my answer, as I'm nowhere near an EILTS inspector, however, if I were to rate your essay, I would give it an 8, this is because, there are only very minor modification that is needed in your essay. The ideas you pointed out in your argument, is absolutely realistic, it is base on facts, the examples are base on todays advents and this is very important in making your essay interesting as well as truthful and the readers will understand it.

Moreover, the insights that are given here on EF will definitely help you come up with a well written essay and this should add a little boost in your essay.

I do hope for your success in getting the best score you can get from your IELTS tests, the things is, practice always helps and believe me, in everything I do, practicing the craft is always the best thing to do.

So practice, read and watch English materials, this is absolutely helpful.

Home / Writing Feedback / One set fixed punishment for all crimes is more efficient.