IELTS - One year break after highschool to university studies

phatz025 3 / 6 2  
TOPIC:
In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies.
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this.

Taking a break from school may be great for everybody but not for everyone. This essay is going to explore on the advantages and disadvantages of work experience for high school graduate students before entering university.

Many of the advantages an individual may find is being able to save money in advance for university studies; lessened burden for one that was able to save enough than to those who were not able. In addition to that, students who have chosen to gain work experience exposes themselves in a positive way. As this bring insights and prepare themselves on what to expect in the outside-school world. For instance, a high school student still has some internal fears, underdeveloped traits and character. But, with the benefits of being able to converse to different types and ages of people surrounding them, being exposed to different types of situation that may arise, this may actually promote growth in wellness and character of the student.

On the other hand, a high school student may prefer to continue his/her study for post-graduate studies due to this reason. It delays the process of finishing the program on time. In fact, with thousands of university or even college graduates every year, this provides limited opportunities of occupation for those who have chosen to prolong their process.

Ultimately, the verdict depends on the person. Everyone has different priorities in life. Presented advantages of taking a year off from school for work outweighed the benefits from those who did not.
Taking a break from school may be great for everybody but not for everyone.

....wow ... great start as always :)

ManyAmong many of the advantages an individual may find is being able to save money in advance for university studies; lessened burden for one that was able to save enough than to those who were not able .

.... It's better you take the latter part to the next sentence.

On the other hand, a high school student may prefer to continue his/her study for post-graduate studies due to this reason.

what is this reason? There's no reference previously so this sounds ambiguous.

I don't say that you do not support your reasons with examples. But I wish they have more specific nature rather than general. I guess that helps you earn more marks. However, you have great writing skills and can easily go for a real good band :)

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS - One year break after highschool to university studies