Online shopping is becoming more popular. How could this trend affect our environment and the kinds

Daisy Chloe 1 / -  

pros and cons of shopping online

In modern life, online shopping is becoming increasingly popular. However, I believe that this trend can cause more and more pollution and some methods should be implemented.

In terms of negatives, applying online shopping instead of traditional ways of purchasing can lead to overuse of coverings which then can cause more pollution. It is understandable that people are drowning with work on a regular basis and shopping online is an extremely suitable solution. However, because of the need to transport through numerous different places before sending to customers, covering stuff with more plastic bags or boxes than usual is undeniable. For example, instead of using one bag to hold a new shirt bought from a store, a shirt bought online can be covered by two plastic bags and even a box will be added.

As a result, to protect our life and later generations, this problem should be solved by some suggested solutions below. First, there must be some rules to limit the number of plastic bags used to protect goods that are purchased on online websites. Equally important, people should be aware of the danger of rubbish they throw away to the environment after buying products online and after that, recycle the bags as much as possible. Last but not least, some alternative materials should be used such as paper, cotton boxes.

In conclusion, shopping online is convenient in our daily life, but its drawback is more concerning. People need to recognize the disadvantages of overwhelming coverings, need more rules to limit plastic bags, and use alternative materials to cover products so that we do not have to end up with more pollution.
ClockWork 2 / 4 1  
I think there are some problems with your writing.
Firstly, your opinion seems to be illogical and unconvinced. I think you had noticed this but you didn't have any choices because of misunderstanding the question. The question meant if it had positive or negative effects on the environment. However, misunderstanding the question made you think that you have to write about the negative effects.

Secondly, I am not sure about the question as you didn't write it clearly but I think it is not necessary to talk about the solutions if the question doesn't require you to do it.
BearByte 2 / 3  
ClockWork has already pointed out the ambiguity of the answer you provided, but I think another flaw in this essay you should address is the lack of proper evidence.

You're making all these blanket statements without providing facts or statistics to back it up making the argument you're presenting extremely weak. There's really no reason why anyone should believe anything you wrote in your essay, but you can easily change that by presenting some relevant facts/statistics to the reader. I believe you'll be able to find some good supporting evidence with just a bit of surface level research.

Good luck!

Home / Writing Feedback / Online shopping is becoming more popular. How could this trend affect our environment and the kinds