IELTS TASK 2 OPINION: GM FOODS OFFER A VIABLE SOLUTION TO FEEDING LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE.

With a growing world population, one of the most pressing issues is that of feeding such a large number of people. Some people think that GM foods offer a viable solution to this problem.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Humankind plays an important part in the development of the world. The more we grow and reproduce the more issues our world must solve increase as well. One of the main problems is famine. Famine can cause a lot of harmfulness on the world status which included the world's economy or daily life or a human being, .... Etc. Some people tend to think that GM foods might be a solution to this situation. There is some research has

been conducted which point out the pros and cons of consuming GM foods. By reading various research I agree that GM foods can solve famine. Two reasons for that is the use of pesticides in agriculture and GM technology produce more crop yield compared to the normal way.

Firstly, GM foods don't need to use pesticides to increase the supply they pull out. Using pesticides is not strange at all in our farming routine. There is several articles indicate that the disadvantage of pesticide on human's health is more than the benefit they brought to the world. For example, pesticides consist of various chemicals considered to be harmful to the consumer's health which sometimes lead to cancer. GM foods are considered to be healthier than non-organic kind. Genetically Modified supplies are likely to produce equal or even higher crops than the usual agricultural ways.

The solution for supplying a huge population is simply think as the more the population grows the consumption of supplies are increase too. To be able to do that the amount of foods has to be enlarged also. GM foods are the optimal method suitable for this. Not only GM foods are healthier than other products, but they can produce a lot more crops also. The whole world should agree that GM foods are the solution for the feeding issue by their benefits brought to us.

In the end, we must all be using GM foods in our daily life. GM foods are healthier and acted as a solution to feeding a huge population as well.
The essay does not follow the 2 discussion parameters required. These writing criteria are:
- To what extent do you agree or disagree
- Discuss based on personal experience, knowledge, or public information

The primary scoring consideration is based upon how well the exam taker understood the discussion question and, if he provided an appropriate opinion statement. While the student appears to have understood the topic, he did not:

- Present an accurate restatement
- Provide a response according to the stated discussion manner

Failure to provide these have resulted in a non- passing presentation. Additional deductions will apply in the grammar structure section as the writer showed unfamiliarity with English writing rules by using 2 successive punctuation marks in a sentence:

daily life or a human being, .... Etc.

. Creating nonsensical writing and causing confusion for the reader. The appearance of the shorcut word " etc." is also further evidence of the writers little knowledge of academic writing rules.

While there are other reasons this essay will not pass, these are the major failings that will cause it.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2 OPINION: GM FOODS OFFER A VIABLE SOLUTION TO FEEDING LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE.