Is the opinion of the majority-in government or in any other circumstances-a poor

Loftyyyy Girlll 2 / 5  
Thank you for checking my essay~~~
Throughout history, when a kind of opinion or the voice of the government spread about, more and more people will join in and start supporting these ideas no matter good or bad. Gradually, these viewpoints become majority ideas; however, there are still some people who speak against the public voice because they foresee the defects of these standpoints. Therefore, in my point of view, sometimes the majority is a poor guide.

A prominent novel To Kill a Mockingbird written by Harper Lee is set in a rural town named Maycomb in the early 20th century. During that time period, the whole America is facing the Great Depression. The society is precarious because people don't have enough utilities to sustain their lives and the gap between black and white remains serious. African-American man can't receive the same education as white man, they can't use the same door to the theater and they are always regarded as inferior race in most American's mind. In the novel, Harper Lee characterized a hero, Atticus Finch who is a local lawyer in the Maycomb County a man with great integrity, loyalty and dignity. When he takes a very thorny case concerns the rape of a white woman who is of the lowest rank in the society by a black man Tom Robinson, he sets out defending Tom's innocence by all means. It is as clear as daylight that Tom Robinson is accused unjustly; however, under that circumstance, it is impossible for a black man to win the case against a white people regardless his sinless. When the trial of Tom Robinson begins, all the town people go to the court in order to find out how Atticus can protect Tom's reputation. In Atticus's closing speech of defending Tom Robinson, he concludes that all men are created equal, no matter what is his race, his skin color and his religion. Contradict to the majority white people's ideas, Atticus stands out and speaks for African-American people because he knows that racial prejudice is not the theme of a peaceful and equal society.

In conclusion, the majority can sometimes be a poor guide; it can veil people's eyes making people follow the majority blindly without thinking about the consequences.
vrajveer89 8 / 21  
Hey

Is this essay part of the preparation for any examination? If it is, then you will have to elaborate your opinion on the issue to a greater extent than just summarizing a popular novel.

When he takes a very thorny case concerns the rape of a white woman who is of the lowest rank in the society by a black man Tom Robinson

Probably you mean to say the black man is of the lowest rank in the society.

it is impossible for a black man to win the case against a white people regardless his sinless

it is impossible for a black man to win the case against a white people regardless of his innocence .

Contradict to the majority white people's ideas

In contradiction to the majority white people's ideas

Your grammar seems to be fine. Vocabulary is also good. Try to pen down your opinion too in the matter!!.

Cheers

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
Mustafa1991 8 / 373 4  
You spent too long a time on summarizing the book, and your thesis is unclear.
Throughout history, when a kind of opinion or the voice of the government spread about, more and more people will join in and start supporting these ideas no matter good or bad.--- this is an interesting idea.

I'll rewrite it this way:
Throughout history, when propaganda has been used to promote an idea, more and more people will join in and start supporting the idea no matter good or bad.

Practice using the past verb tense. That is where you make mistakes. Verb tense is very difficult to learn!!

Past tense:
During that time period, all of America was facing the Great Depression.

The society was precarious because people did not have enough utilities to sustain their lives, and the gap between black and white remained serious. African-American man could not receive the same ...

Home / Writing Feedback / Is the opinion of the majority-in government or in any other circumstances-a poor