Opinion about some people have chosen to take a holiday trip away from home in Tet recently.

Normie 3 / 12 1  
Task:
Write an essay of about 250 words to express your point of view in this topic.
Most Vietnamese people have so far cherished the tradition of spending Tet holiday with their family and relatives in their hometown. However, recently some people have chosen to take a holiday trip away from home to other provinces or even to other countries on this occasion. What do you think of this trend?

My essay:
While celebrating Lunar New Year alongside family and relatives in the hometown has long since been the fundamental tradition in Viet Nam, recent years have witnessed an increasing trend of people travelling far and wide during this special occasion. As far as I know, I do not have any opposition to the phenomenon.

On the one hand, taking a holiday trip away does not ruin tradition. By definition, Tet was one period when farmers could rest from their work in the fields, show gratitude to ancestors and Gods, wishing for a great new year with bumper crops. Nowadays, although the country is no longer agriculture-dominated, the meaning of Tet is continued to be preserved, including being the period of relaxation. Therefore, having a journey far away from home is not a disgrace to thousand-year traditions as lots of people complained. The way those travellers try to take care of themselves after a year of stressful working is just a little different, shifting from playing around villages to playing around provinces or countries with the help of technologies.

On the other hand, travellers use their own money and stimulate economic - tourism growth without causing real harm to anyone or anything. Moreover, people who bring the whole family along on the holiday or feel homesick on the way are prime evidence for the fact that this trend is neither expanding the generation gap nor damaging family relationships. Thus, "a day on the road gets you a sieve-worth of wisdom". Holiday trips are not only recreational but also provide people new experiences and knowledge about local regions. Last but not least, despite the rise in the number of individuals choosing to celebrate Tet faraway, gathering in their hometown is still and will always be the majority so it is quite unreasonable to be anxious about that recent trend.

In conclusion, with cultural, economic, individual benefits far outweigh the risks, "a Tet away from home" in my opinion is not worth making a fuss worrying about and should be allowed to grow naturally.

Note: This task is also from a semester/inspection test in a high school for gifted students and we still need to write it like an IELTS task 2.

I have failed to meet the Task Requirements for words quantity again....... It sure is hard to arrange the ideas....
Thank you for your feedback, I will write them down and try not to repeat the mistakes
phenomenon

It is not a phenomenon. It is a personal lifestyle choice. Improve your English vocabulary meaning and usage skills. In relation to this presentation, do not write long sentences combining several ideas. These run on sentences often force GRA errors. Use 3-5 sentences per paragraph instead.

I do not have any opposition

The question is related to how you see or view this developing habit or lifestyle. You either agree or disagree with the presentation. You cannot avoid having a specific opinion about it because it is required of your discussion presentation. This is a single personal opinion response. This is not a comparative discussion. The response format is incorrect.

I highly urge you to familiarize yourself with the IELTS discussion types before writing any more essays. It will help you learn how to correctly respond to prompts and meet word requirements. You can start by learning to outline your discussion points before drafting your response. That can help you better organize your ideas in preparation for drafting your response.
OP Normie 3 / 12 1  
Thank you for your opinion ^^ I'll try studying IELTS essays format in depth.

Home / Writing Feedback / Opinion about some people have chosen to take a holiday trip away from home in Tet recently.