Opinion Essay: Success considered to be the most effective method to assess intelligence

BlackForestGirl 1 / -  
Hi everyone,
I am preparing for IELTS Writing Task 2. It would be great if someone could correct my opinion essay
Thanks in advance!

Some people think that success is the best measure for intelligence, while others think that intelligence can be measured in other ways. What is your opinion?

There is a dispute whether the achievement of a higher social status it the most suitable way to evaluate brainpower or if there are other manners to estimate it. I am of the opinion that being successful is not important for everyone. The arguments against and further methods that are available to analyze intelligence I will discuss in this essay.

The most important reason why success is not the right way to assess intelligence is the fact that it is not the only goal, intelligent people want to achieve. In fact, there are other goals such as the pursue of happiness or the opportunity for self-realization that people, nowadays, are attracted to. A good example for this is the young generation. Statistics have shown that for them leisure time and personal fulfilment is more important than working hard to get a high position at work.

Moreover, brainpower can not be defined by one parameter due to the fact, that it is composed of several skills, the individual has inheritad and/or developed through life. In general, these can be organized in social skills, such as team spirit or the ability to emphasize, and in educational skills, including logical thinking or numeracy. One clear example of a method to evaluate these competences is the assessment-center that every applicant has to pass through before starting a practical training.

In conclusion, measuring the brainpower by people's success is not the most effective method. In contrast, it is only one goal intellegent people are pursueing in life. Therefore, in my opinion it is important to assess all the competences that intelligence consists of.
auapeterson 2 / 4  
I don't really know what is required for this essay, but you might want to cite your sources. The organization of the essay is strong and it seems like you have a good understanding of the prompt.

Home / Writing Feedback / Opinion Essay: Success considered to be the most effective method to assess intelligence