Opinion: the ultimate time for children to commence their formal schooling is as soon as possible

Hungneverlose 1 / 3  
Some people think that children should begin their formal education at a very early age. Some think they should begin at 7 years old at least.

Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

There is an increasing tendency that parents put enormous expectations on their offspring when it comes to education. Thus, while some people are of the view that the ultimate time for children to commence their formal schooling is as soon as possible, the others feel it should start at the age of 7. Both merits of the argument will be analyzed before the conclusion will be decided upon.

To begin with, an early commencement of study may bring about a plethora of benefits for young schoolers. As children have the access to several disciplines coupled with fields at an early age, this could not only enhance their scopes but nurtures their inborn talents as well, which could be inadvertently neglected. Missouri, a nationwide program in USA, was launched with the purpose of providing education for preschool children. Given that, young schoolers involved in this campaign were significantly more advanced in language development than their peers, and were further along in social development. As this shows, the early initiation of formal schooling could be a holistic approach for children's development.

On the other hand, it is well-advised that children should be sent to school at an appropriate age. By following the ordinary educational approach, young schoolers could be well-equipped with requisite physical and mental skills before, which facilitates their knowledge comprehension. This, in the process, may culminate in an unsurpassed academic disciplines results. A case in this point is Eastern Europe nations since children start formal education later and they have shown better schooling results than many other countries. Therefore, the commencement of schooling at an older age could orientate students towards achievements.

In conclusion, both sides of the arguments have their own strong supports. However, I believe that parents should allow their offspring to commence their schooling at an early age as a way to nurture their remarkable and precocious natural talents.
The task 2 essay does not come to a conclusion for the reader. The job of the writer in this task is to opinionate but not influence the decision of the reader. He may inform and give a point of view. He may discuss, but he should never indicate making a decision for the reader. That is not the purpose of the opinion statement. In fact, the writer does not establish a clear thought and reason basis in that section of this writing. He mistakenly just repeated the writing instructions instead while also changing the writing instructions at the same time. Showing that he misunderstood the writing instructions will lower his score overall.

The writer does not use the correct comparative discussion format (public v.personal) in the essay. The general discussion does not reflect a comparative analysis of both view considerations. There should be a heavy use of mixed pronoun usage in this discussion due to the nature of the discussion. Where does the public consideration end and the personal aspects begin? There is no proper view division and openon clarity presented. The essay cannot receive high marks due to the improper format and incomplete discussion development.
OP Hungneverlose 1 / 3  
Sir . I came to my conclusion at the end of the essay

Home / Writing Feedback / Opinion: the ultimate time for children to commence their formal schooling is as soon as possible