Essay about opinions on extreme sports

purpleami 1 / -  
Writing task 2:
Some people think that governments should ban dangerous sports, while others think that people should have the freedom to do any sports or activity.

Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

Many people are of the opinion that extreme sports should be formally prohibited. However, no one should interfere with their hobby choices as it is one's freedom to take up any activities they want. From my perspective, risky sports should be strictly managed and only limited for the professional.

On the one hand, many severe injuries may arise due to accidents while playing extreme sports, which explain the reason players are required to finish all the training programs so as to start to play the sports safely and avoid accidents. Either excessive training or accidents from these dangerous activities, namely sky diving can lead to bruises and injuries, even worse, damage the bone structure, and take a long time to recover. Besides, extreme activities also require qualified equipment, which are extremely expensive as these specialized protections are used by professionals. The total price for taking up a sport could cost a fortune to people who only see it as a leisure activity.

On the other hand, the satisfaction from these thrilling activities is undeniable, which encourages people to try and experience the roller coaster of emotions. Everybody has the right to do what they want, and no one should deprive them of their freedom. Once they decide to take up these sports, they have to accept any risk that may arise, and address it themselves. In addition, the dare to take up extreme sports enables them to boost their self-confidence, and simultaneously enhance their fear management skills, which is really beneficial for developing relationships. Moreover, as dangerous activities require intense concentration and flexibility, the calories burnt during these sports are higher than others sports, which help people to keep fit and avoid obesity.

In short, it is undeniable that extreme sports are dangerous and may cause fatal accidents, especially for non-players and amateurs. However, the satisfactions and benefits it creates is overweight the risk that may arise, then the better solution is to require the observation of the Government instead of officially restricting them.
The prompt paraphrase reflects only one of 2 stated opinions. The writer, having written over 300 words still responded to the essay prompt in a format only partially related to the discussion. The TA score will definitely be a failing one due to the paraphrase and discussion response being format non- compliant. The rest of the discussion shall receive a non-passing score as well as the overall discussion does not reflect the " discuss both points of view " part, just the personal opinion section. The essay will recieve only a partial score for that. The length of the essay does not prove useful due to the prompt deviation in this case. There is no sense in over-ariting when the written text doesn't meet the prompt requirements. The writer failed to compare the validity of his text with the original presentation topic and instructions.

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay about opinions on extreme sports