Optimal method to acquire knowledge by students

Avyuktbgdc2017 1 / -  
It is more important for students to understand concepts and ideas than it is for them to learn fact

exploring comprehension abilities

Student life gives an opportunity to explore knowledge in various field. Some choose learning fact as their top priority, while others choose concepts and ideas are important to assimilate the information. In my opinion understanding the concepts and ideas are important than mere learning of facts. I feel this way for two important reason which I am going to explore in the following essay.

First of all, students who comprehend the content tend to retain it for longer than who just follow the fact. For example I learnt how to give a comprehensive restorative care in my college. I use to follow all steps required adequately but sometimes I gave up on simple rule such as not using chlorhexidine after etching the tooth.thinking that it will not bring any difference. I later volunteered for a professor she explained why chlorhexidine is used post etching. Ectching releases matrixmetelloproteases which in turn reduces the bonding of restorative material to tooth. That is when I realized how significant those minor steps were. I never skipped the procedure after that.

Secondly, If one try to understand the basic idea, he will have the ability to apply it practically more often.University life is to prepare student to face the real world, establish career to the at most. Learning facts to do well on exam and scoring higher grade will not bring him success. For example my friend in college knew all the formulas to solve physics problem but his idea to connect to real life situation lacked. He just studied to get the credential. As a result he was not able to hold sophisticated career .

To conclude, I strongly believe that students should understand the concepts and ideas than just learning the fact. Concepts and ideas stay in our memory more than the facts learned just for the matter of studying and Knowledge of core concepts has better pratical application.
tnritika 4 / 6  
I have read your essay and I like how you mix your idea and the example in the second and third paragraph. however, I got confused in your conclusion when you mention about how long concepts and ideas stay in our memory, because you never mention it before. so that is why I think it will be better if the conclusion can cover the essence of the whole essay. thank you.

Home / Writing Feedback / Optimal method to acquire knowledge by students