Ordinary people unlike huge organizations, are said to have no impacts on environmental improvements

chanbinh 1 / -  
Question:
Individuals can do nothing to improve the environment; only governments and large companies can make a difference.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays, the environment has been a trending topic. Ordinary people are said to have no impacts on environmental improvements, while huge organizations and authorities can make a difference, which I do not support thanks to several reasons.

Firstly, it is no doubt that governments and big companies have more enormous impacts on the environment. An ordinary citizen, however, can provide a means of environment protection by raising the public's awareness. In other words, every individual needs to understand the potential risks they might face if he or she keeps destroying their habitats. For example, leaflets, brochures, or billboards about environmental issues should be sent to every household family to understand its importance. As a result, the chance of better their surrounding environment might increase.

Secondly, I am of the opinion that people can do something to better the environment by recycling. It means the general public should make attempts to reuse everything from an item they bought, namely wrapping papers, boxes, and bags. Such attempts could be an epitome of the environment protection efforts from each individual. According to some reports conducted in Vietnam, millions of garbage were released into the environment last year. Had those things been reused for different purposes, the significant improvements would be made for our environment. Thus, the environment could be improved.

In conclusion, it is undeniable that individuals, not only governments or big corporations, can make differences to help the environment in many ways, such as raising awareness about the environment and recycling household waste.
You are discussing your non support of the statement in direct opposition to the discussion instruction provided. You have changed the discussion requirement as you failed to address the original question, which required a direct response.

Question: To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Response: ...I do not support...

Your TA score will be based on the clear evidence that your response is totally unrelated to the task. Rather than offering an extent response, you offered an opposition, which is not the required discussion response nor format. As such, your TA score will kick off your essay with a handicap score. You will have to try an overcome a failing TA score even as your essay presents several other errors that would further lower your final score due to points deductions.

At this point, I have to point out that writing 251 words, just one word over the minimum will not help your essay. Had your response been proper and correctly formatted, your presentation would not have had a chance to get an increased score because you only wrote the bare minimum word requirement. Next time, provide anywhere from 275-290 words, just to further increase your scoring chances. However, before you write more words, you first have to make sure that you are properly responding to the discussion instructions as provided. That is what you failed to do in this practice test.

Home / Writing Feedback / Ordinary people unlike huge organizations, are said to have no impacts on environmental improvements