Organic Foods - there are benefits of eating of organic foods essay

alexisf 1 / -  
Organic Foods

In 2003 organic products were available to buy in stores and since then they have become very popular in many households. With the popularity of these products it has brought up a lot of concern on whether or not the products are worth buying. Organic foods are known to be healthier but are people who eat organic foods normally healthier than people who don't? With this question asked I wanted to do more research on the benefits and the reasoning for us to consume or use organic products.

There are many benefits of eating organic foods and the main reasoning for this is because of the way these foods are grown. They are all grown on smaller farms and are cared more for. The farmers use natural soils, get rid of the weeds naturally without using sprays, and they use beneficially insects and birds to get rid of pests and diseases. Using natural resources to grow foods prevents us from eating chemical and in some cases added hormones. Organic foods have more zinc, iron and other vitamins than non-organic foods. They can help reduces your risk for cancer because weed, insect, and mold killers have been linked to the cause of some cancers. The ways these foods are grown also help our environment by creating less pollution.

The prices for organic foods are more expensive than non-organic. Non-organic foods are generally more affordable and there are more varieties as well. Non-organic foods do not contain E coli because most organic soil that is animal manure and it can cause E coil in organic foods. Between organic and non-organic foods there are benefits to eating each of them.

There are certain foods that you should buy organic over non-organic. These foods are the ones that are more nutritious and contain fewer pesticides. Apples are generally more contaminated with pesticides so buying them organically will reduce the risk of them. Celery, strawberries, peaches, spinach, nectarines, grapes, sweet bell peppers, potatoes, blueberries, kale, and lettuce are all other foods that you should buy organically due to pesticides. There are some foods that are safe to buy non-organically and they will save you money. These foods are onions, corn, pineapple, avocado, asparagus, sweet peas, mangos, eggplant, cantaloupe, kiwi, cabbage, sweet potatoes, watermelon, grapefruit, and mushrooms.

Some sources think that organic foods are healthier than non-organic foods and others believe there is no significant difference between the two. Organic foods are grown on smaller private farm and they do not release or consume any pesticides. Organic foods are also more nutritious because they do not contain any pesticides either. The sources I chose were all from the Internet and they were from either a print or web source. I found these sources to be helpful because they were all able to provide me with enough information that I needed. More than half my sources described what foods you should buy organically and what foods you shouldn't buy organically. I found this information to helpful because the list of foods that you should buy organically is shorter than the ones you shouldn't. Fruits are typically the ones that have to worry about having pesticides and that are why more fruits are recommended to buy organically. The pesticides that are used on foods kill the nutrients in foods but it still is able to hold some nutrients but not as much as organic fruits.

With all the information I have found on the benefits of organic food's I think that my conclusion is that there are benefits of eating of organic foods. When doing my research I found more positives than negatives about organic foods. Having a lot of sources was very beneficially and helped me find the answer I needed. When writing my final paper I will be able to add lot of information and facts to help prove my answer correctly.
Thors Hammer 5 / 60  
Just a few suggestions

PG1: Organic products entered the mainstream market in 2003, when pesticide and fertilizer lobbyist inundated the media with public health and environmental safety concerns. Families across North America quickly turned to the toxin free produce options, convincingly sold on buying a safer, therefor healthier product, right? Although organic foods are environmentally friendly and contain no chemical fertilizers or pesticides, are people that eat these foods healthier? With this interesting question in mind, I was able to attain the following opinion.

PG2: There are many benefits of eating organic grown food; however, the most curious is the benefit from buying produce associated with the small and family-owned farming environment. These farms use naturally fertilized soils, and remove unwanted weeds and pests manually, or with beneficial predators. The seeds organic farmer purchase are genetically modified to provide resistance to most forms of disease, preventing the usage of fungicides.

PG3: The cost of producing organic produce is much more than traditional produce production, this cost can be directly related to the huge advantage that chemicals provide when measuring crop yields over using natural sources of nutrients. Whereas large scale growers adapt to high yield conventions such as supper-cropping, that is only fully realized through the use of chemical fertilizers.

PG4: Some products are more contaminated than others and should be purchase organically certified. Apples, due to their thick cuticle on the outside of the peel, are normally treated with pesticides often to avoid being eaten by their many natural predators. Other produce that is often sprayed with heavy pesticides and herbicides include:..

"Why do the other foods save you money? Are they produced here or imported, why would importing be cheaper?"PG5: If you say organic foods are more nutritious, you have to provide details. Just say they are healthier because they are pesticide free. Do some research on GMO if you get a chance, real interesting stuff.

Home / Writing Feedback / Organic Foods - there are benefits of eating of organic foods essay