IELTS TASK 2: SOME ORGANISATIONS BELIEVE THAT THEIR EMPLOYEES SHOULD DRESS SMARTLY

Riiskacha03 31 / 34 5  
Some organisations believe that their employees should dress smartly. Others value quality of work above appearance.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Many companies argue that work performance is more important than appearance. On the other side others believe that their worker have to dress appropriate to their professions. In my opinion, uniform could determine someone's identity and affect other's judgment. However, quality of work is one that has to be acquired by worker too.

First of all a uniform presents itself as a dress code. Many people's first judging toward somebody else based on how they are looking. It determine if you put attention to yourself or not and make people analyse will you able to be professional in your job. The Human Resource Development section in a company would put their first assessment toward the worker candidates through their appearance; this is what we call as 'standard procedure'. As the result, many companies think that dress is important in world of work.

On the other side of this argument, other companies believe that appearance is not the most important point in working. That is the capability in responsibility on their duty as employee, which should be prioritised instead of used suit, since someone's ability does not depend on their clothes. Take an architecture as an example, the design which is produced would not change if he use another clothes. To sum up, clothes would not give significant effect on someone's quality of work.

However, in my opinion, I believe that both quality and appearance is important in professional world. We have to accomplish the skill needed in our work in order to do our duty in the office very well which will support our career. In addition, good appearance will build good impression toward our self, so other people will find it more comfortable to have a collaboration work with us.

In conclusion, while other debate about the importance of dressing and the quality of work, I do believe that, a professional worker has to being clothed properly to improve their prestige in other's eyes and should possess the required skill.
amrillahmk31 15 / 17 2  
On the other side others believe that their worker WORKERS "it applies to all" have ...
... determine someone's identity and affect other's OTHERS' judgment.

... based on how they are looking LOOK LIKE. It determine DETERMINES if you put attention to yourself or not and make people analyse will you able WILL YOU BE ABLE to be professional in your job.

... companies think that dress WELL-DRESSED is important in world of work.

... build good impression toward our self OURSHELVES, so other people will ...

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2: SOME ORGANISATIONS BELIEVE THAT THEIR EMPLOYEES SHOULD DRESS SMARTLY