Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

'outstanding sport players deserve high salaries' - Essay

colin 23 / 48 15  
TASK:
Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

With the development of sport industry, there has been a growing trend that an enormous sum of money pours into the pockets of such sports starts as Lionel Messi and Bryant Kobe. The issue of whether these stars are entitled to such high salaries is of great concerned over economists and sociologists. Higher reward for the outstanding sportsmen, from my perspective, is justified, although other professionals, including researchers, surgeons and politicians, receive much less salaries when compared with athletic stars.

There is no point in denying that distinguished sportsmen are very few because being a top player in any game require years of constant work and dedication. Tiger woods, for instance, was playing and practicing on a real golf course by the age of two, and throughout his career was known for his intensive practice habits. Likewise, football players and gymnasts are always in dangers of being injured or even disabled unexpectedly. Consequently, critics should not turn a blind eye to the warm blood, swink, tears and sweat athletes have devoted. Furthermore, so fierce are competitions for super stars that they are tested frequently and inevitably. To elaborate, sportsmen would be substituted by more excellent and young players immediately, if they had performed not well enough in a game. Most essentially, the pressure from the media is so extreme that they have litter privacy out of spotlight. Admittedly, they accumulate wealth under considerable hardworking and pressure.

Nevertheless, there are many professionals in other fields, namely science, medical service and politics, who are paid much less. Stories abound in the realm of science that anthropologists or other scholar have generated benefits to our well-being and future than do athletes. Unfortunately, cash for scientists are usually insufficient, not to mention for doctors and political leaders.

To recapitulate, outstanding sport players deserve high salaries. Technically, neither economists ignore the huge cost sportsmen have paid for such wages, nor should sociologists neglect the unjustified circumstances other professionals confronted with.

May I ask you to mark my essay? Thanks.
Task Achievement Coherence and cohesion Lexical Resource Grammatical Range and Accuracy

Home / Writing Feedback / 'outstanding sport players deserve high salaries' - Essay