Own encouragement, own motivation to get you to the point of graduation.

sunserimelissa 1 / -  
This is my first essay assignment for my course. I have to write an essay about why college is important to me, and use at least two sources. It is a standard essay, intro, three body paragraphs, conclusion and a bibliography. I have started it, but have not gotten very far. I feel like I am missing the general point of the essay and therefore not sure how to really begin.

Going back to college was a difficult decision for me to make. For almost six years I went back and forth with the idea of going back to school and starting over. I figured that the money I would be putting into a college education could go to something else. But what is more important than an education? Nothing. "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world" by Nelson Mandela. To me there is nothing greater than the personal satisfaction of a degree, knowing that you achieved your goals and didn't settle for something less than the greatest.

I am sure there will be many more satisfying things that will come up in my life. Knowing that I set my mind to something and was able to overcome each obstacle it had is gratifying. The personal satisfaction of showing someone that you are able to go back to school, and that you are able to go through the courses. Sure, getting support and encouragement from your parents or your friends is great, and it boosts your motivation to get your work done. But nothing is stronger, more inspirational than your own encouragement, your own motivation to get you to the point of graduation.
Going back to college was a difficult decision for me to make. For almost six years I went back and forth with the idea of going back to schoolresuming my education and starting all over again.

I figured that the money I would be putting into a college education could go to something else.

I often contemplated on the money that I would be investing on furthering my education and wondered whether it would be worthwhile.

. I figured that the money I would be putting into a college education could go to something else. But what is more important than an education? Nothing.

Between these two sentences, you need to establish a better link. Your flow breaks here.

Home / Writing Feedback / Own encouragement, own motivation to get you to the point of graduation.