Parenting outweigh the schooling in terms of nurturing a good member of society

homsai 11 / 24 5  
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
============

In the present age, the increasing number of people start to realizing the importance of developing a sense of social responsibility for children. But there are different views regarding on where is it can be developed. Some people think it should be learned at home, while others believe the schooling is the key to instill it.

Obviously, the parenting plays a significant role on educating children to became responsible and respectable people. The first teacher of children is their parent as we all known. In my country, there is a idiom says "you can imagine the child's future based on the behaviors of its 3 years old" . That is to say, the vast influencing on a child is its early education that conducted by its parents. Therefore, if the parents attempt to nurture their children in early age, then they are very likely to became those who parents wanted.

However, it is true that schooling has effects on development of children. But there is a clear prospective that the schools used to focus on the academic performance of children. Even through some schools begin to find out that moral well-being as important as academic achievement, they tend to fail on convincing students to be a good members of society, if these students are not. It is caused by the limited resources school has and the difficulties of reforming people.

It is my belief that the parenting outweigh the schooling in terms of nurturing a good member of society.Thus, parents should take more responsibility on children's sense of social responsibility. But it is still vital to raise a awareness of moral educating in schools.

===============

Thank you for correcting my errors ~~
Josephd6 2 / 5 2  
Hey,
My corrections are in RED .
And my notes are in GREEN .

In the present age, an increasing number of people is starting to realize the importance of developing a sense of social responsibility for children. But there are different views regarding where it can be developed . Some people think it should be taught at home, while others believe that schools are the proper places to teach it.(the term "schooling" is not precise. Schooling can be at home "Homeschooling")

Obviously, parents play a significant role on educating children to become responsible and respectable people. The first teachers of children are their parents as we all know . In my country, there is an idiom that says: "you can imagine the child's future based on his behavior when he's three years old" . That is to say, the vast influence on a child is its early education that is conducted by its parents. Therefore, if the parents attempt to nurture their children at an early age,(The subject here is still the parents, change it!)the children are very likely to become those who their parents wanted.

However, it is true that the school has effects on the development of children. But there is a clear perspective that the schools used to focus on the academic performance of children. Even though some schools are beginning to find out that the moral well-being is as important as the academic achievement, they tend to fail on convincing students to be a good members of society, if these students are not (Not what ?) . It is caused by the limited resources the schools have and the difficulties of reforming people.

It is my belief that the parents outweigh the school in terms of nurturing a good member of society.Thus, parents should take more responsibility on children's sense of social responsibility. But it is still vital to raise the awareness of moral educating in schools.
In the present age, the increasing number of people start to realizing the importance of developing a sense of social responsibility for children.

Nowadays, many people have realized the importance of influencing their children to be more socially responsible .

But there are different views regarding on where is it can be developed.

However, there are different view on who should be responsible for this task. Some people believe it is the responsibility of the parents while other people claim that schools should be responsible in producing more socially responsible people

Home / Writing Feedback / Parenting outweigh the schooling in terms of nurturing a good member of society