IELTS Essay:Some parents believe that reading entertainment books is a waste of

lender 1 / 3  
Some parents believe that reading entertainment books is a waste of time for children, they should only read educational books. What is your opinion?
Give your reasons and include your own or relative experience.

It is recently asserted that instead of reading entertainment books, children should only read the educational books due to entertainment books waste children time, it is my personal belief that this assertion is built on the weak ground. There have following reasons for my opinion.

One very strong argument is that entertainment book is better for children to acknowledge learning. for one thing, entertainment book will carry more information which not only include traditional educational, but also have more other essential acknowledge, such as imagination, Independent Thinking, a study carried out in more than 1000 school covering 1500 children between 7 to 15 years old show that educational book is mainly focus on examination and passively receiving "knowledge", it is unbelievable if our children just receive education passively, they have not any idea about fresh thing in this world, more important, children need more opportunity to choice different book type, in other word, every people need receive a variety of acknowledge if they want to growth healthy in childhood, it is no doubt that single educational book can't fulfill the requirement of children.

Another factor we have to consider is that children read entertainment books is beneficial to family, on the one hand, absolutely it is sweet time when parent company with children to read entertainment until children sleep, it is believe that children will have more strong safe feel when they are adult. On another hand, entertainment book will give more communication topics that will help to parent cross the gap between children. take me as an example, I am used to read my son's entertainment books due to some internet word or sentence I need learn from these books, thus my son think his father is same kind guy because we have same language and we have good communication result based on entertainment book, it is impossible if we just talk about educational book.

in conclusion, children should read some entertainment books due to it is not waste time, instead, it have positive influence on children growth and family building.
IntlIndian /  
It has recently been is recently asserted that instead of reading entertainment books, children should only read the educational books as they feel that entertainment books waste childrens time, it is my personal belief that this assertion is built on the weak ground, because of the following reasons There have following reasons for my opinion.

One very strong argument is that entertainment books are better for children to acknowledge learning. f or one thing, entertainment bookS will carry more information which not only include traditional educational, but also have other more essential [ack nowledge, such as imagination and Independent Thinking. a study carried out in more than 1000 school covering 1500 children between 7 to 15 years old show that educational books are mainly focussed on examinations and passively receiving "knowledge". It is unbelievable []ifthat becaus e our children just receive education passively, they have no any idea about fresh thing (??) in this world, more importantLY , children need more opportunitIES to CHOOSE different book type(types of books). I n other words , every people (either everyone or all people) need to receive a variety of ac knowledge if they want to grow INTO healthy adults. It is no doubt that A single educational book cannot fulfill the requirement of children.

P.S- acknowledge doesn't mean the same thing as knowledge.
OP lender 1 / 3  
think you very much
autumnwave 11 / 35  
Lender, I don't know which entertainment books you said consist of any kind of book. But I think reading book is a good habit. Moreover, reading book help children improve their language. Beside whatever book children read, they also find interesting something in book.

I have had a deep impression with following quotation of Mary Wortley Montag: "No entertainment is so cheap as reading neigh nor any pleasure so lasting"

Have a good time!
Ruah 5 / 14  
Hello there, I foung the topic really interesting and I totally agree with your opinion. About the writing well, it's good but, there are some mistakes, but if you kept on writing then hopefully the number of mistakes will decrease because as you know "Practice makes Perfect" :)

Wish you the best :)
Some of your sentences do not start with capital letters! Check your capitalization... do you know what I mean? Like this:
...children to acknowledge learning. For one thing, entertainment books will carry

Another factor we have to consider is that children's reading of entertainment books is beneficial to family; on the one hand, absolutely it is sweet time when parent company with children to read entertainment until children sleep, it is believe that children will have more strong safe feel when they are adult. On the other hand, entertainment books will give more communication topics that will help to parent cross the gap between children. Take me as an example; I am used to reading my son's entertainment books due to some Internet word or sentence I need to learn from...

:-)
OP lender 1 / 3  
kevin, yes i know, i will pay attention to these mistakes in the future, and Thanks for all your reply
gms 2 / 4  
lender,

rather than using comma (,) and dragging the sentence throughout the para , it's better if you can use short sentences which is easy to read.

gms
OP lender 1 / 3  
good suggestion, got it, thanks!
autumnwave 11 / 35  
You're welcome
I hope that we could share more knowledge with each other.

Have a good day!

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Essay:Some parents believe that reading entertainment books is a waste of