Whether or not the parents are the best teachers has been long discussed dilemma

user999 1 / -  

Are parents best teachers?

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer

Whether the parents are the best teachers has been long discussed, it plays an indispensable role in each individual's life. Some people may think that parents are the best mentors, while it is my earnest hope that parents are not the best teachers in a person's life. Parents are excellent teachers, but they are not the best. I felt this way for plenty of reasons.

To begin with, parents are the first people who teach and tell us how to live. But the sooner you grow up, the more people you will meet. For instance, teachers will tutor you and correct your mistakes. Teachers not only do they give us knowledge but also manners, respect, and more. They give us more than our parents do.

In addition, our parents are much older than us; so do their experiences. However, that means they may not understand us deeply. Modern people are so busy that they rarely talk to and communicate with their family members. It causes an enormous generation gap between parents and children. Since parents are not the people who know us the most, I sincerely believe parents are not the best instructor in our life.

Last but not least, we are not learning things from a specific person who inspires us at home or school at all times, but we learn from our mistakes. It is the most important thing of all and makes you a lot of progress. They are inevitable, but the only thing that won't change is changing itself. Failure makes you stronger and braver. Hence, mistakes are the best teacher.

To sum up, we've discussed who is the best teacher of all time. Parents are not the best teacher who can make their kids better because they grow up and is more sensitive than parents has thought. In this way, I firmly harbor the belief that goes with the idea parents are not the best mentors.
To meet the writing requirements of a simple prompt like this within 40 minutes, do not write more than 300 words, regardless of the paragraph requirement. Learn to identify the paragraph number for the discussion as well. It is always safest to use only 2 reasoning paragraphs. So it should not be more than 4 paragraphs per presentation.

The paraphrase should have started at the current 2nd sentence, ending with the summarized 2 reason presentation in support of the opinion. The current first sentence does not help with the restatement as it is a repetition of the point made in the second sentences which was more effective.

All 3 reasons are effective but only 2 fully explained reasons should have been used Any of these reasons could have been better developed. I believe that a more cohesive essay could have been produced using the last 2 reasons in the essay. These would have been the more connected and convincing points. There need notbe several reasons present, only 2 well explained ones.

The summation should only refer to "I" instead of "We" since "YOU" wrote the opinion paper. Proper and relevant pronoun usage is a must. Good close by the way.
Pham Bien 2 / 2  
On the surface ur essay maynot meet length requirement of Ielts writing, even though i havent counted it yet. Still i am quite confused when u say parents do not teach us manner and respect as well as teachers do, maybe more backup is needed here. ur grammar is also quite limited, so a little spice on relative clauses or transitional phrases may do wonders too.

Home / Writing Feedback / Whether or not the parents are the best teachers has been long discussed dilemma