Should parents let their children decide the job they will do in the future? What's your opinion?

Plagg 1 / -  

Parents need to put themselves in children's shoes

As everyone knows parents always love their child, therefore, they will do everything for them including deciding what job they should do. But I strongly agree that parents should let their children make their own decision about what job they will do in the future due to these reasons. First of all, every child has their dream, they know what they want to be so that parents can't constrain children to do the job they want them to do or thinking that good for them. Moreover, children have to work not parents, they won't be happy or worst it may lead to depression because they don't interested in the job. The simple fact is work done under pressure has never been successful. Secondly, children are going to rely on their parents. The job they love to do they can't decide, how about love, social, friends what they are going to do, parents decide everything as living their life, when they get used to being controlled, step by step they will be losing their opinion, they are going to be like a robot waiting for orders. Last but not least, when the wrong career is made, the time and money both go wasted. So, it is better to allow children to make their career choice rather than getting influenced and then making a choice. If a child is sure and determined about a specified stream and career, let him or her go for it; do not stop the child or it could ruin one's future. In conclusion, career is important that impacts one's entire future. Parents need to put themselves in children's shoes. Since every child is different and unique, parents should show them what they are good at instead of imposing their own decisions on the children.
paradis_149 3 / 6  
For me this is more like a speech, not an academic essay. There are basic things you need to improve and revise.
First, there must be no contractions (like ''can't'') in an academic essay since it is formal writing.
Second, I think you are trying to express your ideas like you are speaking so there are several grammatical errors. To illustrate, you put "but" and at the beginning of a sentence, which is definitely inappropriate. Instead, you can use 'however' or 'nevertheless'. You also should use 'for this reason', 'therefore', 'thus',.... rather than "so" at the beginning of a sentence.

I will point out another sentence which contains grammatical error: "So, it is better to allow children to make ..."

-> For this reason, it is better for parents to allow children to decide their career choice rather than get involved and impose personal opinions on them"

I am still an amateur, but I hope this may help you somehow.
This is a Task 2 essay. It is not a simple class response paper, which is the format that you used for this piece of writing. What you should do is first, learn to properly format the Task 2 essay. To do this task properly, you will need to do the following in terms of formatting:

Par. 1: Topic paraphrase + direct response to the question posed + 2 reasoning topic subjects
Par. 2: Expanded reasoning 1 discussion composed of 5 sentences
Par. 3: Expanded reasoning 2 discussion, 5 sentences maximum
Par. 4: Concluding paraphrase composed of the topic restatement and reasoning summary with a repeat of your personal opinion.

Home / Writing Feedback / Should parents let their children decide the job they will do in the future? What's your opinion?