Parents should encourage their high school students for part time jobs !

shalini singh 14 / 23  
Some parents encourage their high school students to get an after-school or weekend jobs. Other Parents cite the importance of getting good grades, discouraging their high school students from getting after school or weekend jobs.

What is your opinion , support with example.

Working twenty years for a job may not give a satisfaction which a highly prolific and demanding job can offer in ten years. Everyone has some goals for their future lives and to achieve those goals one has to be focused and work hard. It is said that time is precious, better utilization of time is something which help us to pave our way towards success. In my opinion parents should encourage their high school students to work hard and remain focused on getting good grades and achieving success in future life.

Time is money; I feel that parents should not encourage their children for a part time job or weekend job because any type of work requires a lot of hard work and efforts. Subsequently,it take away lot of energy and time from a student which he could have used for enhancing his proficiency level in terms of knowledge and intelligence. Completion of a diploma or degree should not be soul goal for students, acquiring good grades is most important and is also helpful for getting into higher studies or most demanding job. One of my high school friend once came to me with a small gift which she got for me. She told me that gift was from her first earning which she got from working in a store during weekends. Working in weekends seemed great to me and I also asked my parents whether I can work during weekends. My parents didn't agreed , I was very upset on them because I thought that they don't want me to be self depended and it is there narrow mindedness that they are not allowing me to work. Finally, high school results were declared and I really scored well. My friend couldn't score what she expected from herself, she was below average marks. Consequently, she couldn't get admission in good colleges and she had to compromise and she went to a college which was not reputed. On the other hand I was able to get admitted in one of the reputed university in which I applied for. That day I realized that my parents decision back then helped me today because it was all due to my good grades and my basic knowledge and intelligence I am able to do what I desired for.

Moreover, I feel that when kids start working early they become self dependent and inturn their parents loose control on them. Early exposer to money sometimes is the cause of derailment from the goal. Young children those who are not dependent on their parents for money even don't take consent from their parents for what they are intended to do. Due to lower level of maturity sometime they get into things which completely ruin their lives. One example which I would like to share is of my younger cousin brother. He at very young age started working and was self dependent. Initially he started staying out more and to stay out money is needed which he had from his job. Whenever he was asked about his where about he gave reasons that he is busy with work, studies etc. Admist all this, one day police came to my uncle's house and they were there to arrest my cousin, who was absconding after getting involved into a drug dealing and gang violence. Me and my family was astonished when we learnt about all this about my cousin. My cousin was supposed to appear in his final exam of high school and now he was hiding after getting involved in such a awful act. It all budded in him because of his exposure to money and self dependence. Rather than working hard for his future career he got involved in all these crime which ruined his life ahead. Kids in high school are not matured enough to take a decisions which are good for them in longer run.

As there is famous saying that "sailing in two boats will take you no where" we should do what is required at that particular stage. Hence, high school student should be focused on acquiring good grades which will benefit them in getting into good colleges universities and professions.

As a conclusion I would say that high school students have whole life to prove themselves, earn money and become self depend. They should think higher in life and should remain focused to endeavor higher goals and avalanche of success for life ahead.

As once it is said by Abraham Lincon that " It not the number of years which is counted, it is the life you had in years will be counted". So to achieve higher in life and live a good life ahead high school student should value time and their energy.
m_t_716 1 / 4  
Hello! I'm not very good at this, but here are some of my thoughts...

I liked the example you gave about you and your parents it seemed very relevant, but I feel that the example about your cousin really doesn't fit in. I don't know if you could imply that a part time job could somehow lead to your cousin doing things that got him in trouble.

Another thing is the grammar/wording. I understand the idea that you are trying to convey, but the way you are saying it can be a little confusing.

For example: Instead of saying "part time job or weekend job" just say part time job
In place of "self dependent" say independent, it sounds a little better.
An example of bad wording: "Working in weekends seemed great to me and I also asked my parents whether I can work during weekends. My parents didn't agreed , I was very upset on them because I thought that they don't want me to be self depended and it is there narrow mindedness that they are not allowing me to work." The wording here is a little awkward, instead try this:

"Working on the weekends seemed like a good idea to me, and I asked my parents if I could work on the weekends. My parents didn't agree; I was upset with their decision because I thought that they didn't want me to become independent." You might want to leave out the part about their narrowmindedness.

There are also some spelling errors. Overall, I like the essay, but you might want to consider going to a writing center at your school to help you further.

Hope this helps and good luck! :)
OP shalini singh 14 / 23  
Thanks Mona for your suggestion. May be I am not clear enough in a essay but for second example i wanted to tell that having money in hands at an immature level was the reason why my

cousin cought into such acts.

Thanks once again
Working twenty years at an inconsequential job may not give as much satisfaction as a highly prolific and demanding job can offer in ten years.

Hello! I'm not very good at this,

Mona, I think you gave great feedback here; thanks!!!

I don't understand some of the sentences in the essay; for example, I feel that this sentence below should be revised this way:
Time is money; I feel that parents should not encourage discourage their children from keeping a part time job or weekend job because any type of work requires a lot of hard work and efforts.

...but i am not sure if I interpreted it correctly.

Oh, wait! I see that you are saying it is better for students to NOT have a job. Okay, forget about my above comment; I'm sorry for the confusion.

Below, I'll add a semi-colon, add the word "the," and change the pelling of sole (soul is like spirit, or soulful music, but sole means "single"

Completion of a diploma or degree should not be the soul sole goal for students; acquiring good grades is most important and is also helpful for getting into higher studies or most demanding job.

Subsequently, it takes away lot of energy and time...

As there is famous saying: "Sailing in two boats will take you no where." This means we should do what is required at that particular stage.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / Parents should encourage their high school students for part time jobs !