"Parents are first" - narrative essay

little sun 1 / 3  
Parents are first
In our life, we through many trials without them we can't mature. And I had an experience of hardship when I was fifteen years old. I had to choice a main field to concern in high school: science section or literary section. It was really hard time because this decision would affect my whole life and make up me in future.

I still remember it was a sunny day but there were something awful in my mind. The last day for decision was coming, my parents was invited to parents meeting which was hold in my secondary school to give the final answer for a very important problem. A cross-road appeared in front of me, which one I should choose to continue my academic future. In real, I thought I like some thing in art and literature. I used to be attracted by novels and short stories for a long time. I was also into painting for a short time later. May be literary section apposite to me, I thought. In contrast, my parents thought science is what I needed. In their belief students in science section are always intelligent and excellent. In addition, my brother was real evidence and I had to follow him certainly. If I studied in science section, my major in university or college would be in the same section in ninety percents. On my side, I had not the intention of scientific field. I believe literary section is the field where my creative could work in freedom atmosphere. But denying parents' proposal was an absent-minded and extremely terrible action for a fifteen-year obedient daughter. What a dilemmatic situation!

After all, I decided to enroll in scientific section to please my parents. I couldn't be accustomed to against parents that I haven't done ever before. Thanks for obedient decision my years in high school passed peacefully. But now, I'm in university and I'm in literary section which I'm curious to know because of my eighteen-year obedience. Somewhere in my mind, I am satisfied with my life motto: pleasing parents first and I will have what I want.
tkfqkqdl 2 / 4  
InThroughout our life, we go through many trials and without them we can't can not mature. I had an experience of hardship when I was fifteen years old. I had to choice choose a major to concern contiunue in high school: sciences section or liberal artssection . It was a really hard time because this decision would affect my whole life and make up me in my future.

I still rememberI t was a sunny day but there were something awful in my mind (this sentence is awkward) . The last day for decision was coming (It was the last day to decide on this important matter), and my parents waswere invited to a parents meeting which was hold happening in my secondary school. to give the final answer for a very important problem.A cross-road appeared in front of me, which one I should choose to continue my academic future. I came across two roads to choose a path for my academic future. (or, I came across two roads; which path should I take?).In realmy honest opinion , I thought I like some thingI felt compelled to the arts and literature components . I used to be attracted by to novels and short stories for a long time. I was also into painting for a short time later. May beMaybe literary section apposite to me, I thought.(←you said that you liked arts and then all of a sudden you think its apposite opposite to you? this part is confusing) In contrast, my parents thought science is what I neededwanted me to persue in the sciences . In their belief students in the science sectiondepartmentare were always more intelligent and excellent. In addition,M y brother was a real evidence and I felt pressured to follow the same path . If I studied in the sciencessection , my major in university or college would be in the same section in ninety percents. (←what do you mean?)On my sideHowever , I had not the intention intended to go in the of scientific field. I believed thatliterary sectionthe liberal arts was is the field where my creative innovations could work in freedom atmosphere .

Sorry I didn't have enough time to finish it!

Wish this helps a little.
OP little sun 1 / 3  
thanks u so much Minju Kan!!!!
u help me so much not a little. what does persue mean?
tkfqkqdl 2 / 4  
Sorry haha I meant pursue not persue!

If you don't know what pursue means, just go look up in dictionary.com it will give you a better explanation..
Pursue means to chase or follow something. I can say, "The cat pursued the mouse," or I can say, "I want to pursue a career in medicine."

I'll finish up the edit:
But denying my parents' proposal was an absent-minded and extremely terrible action for a fifteen year-old, obedient daughter.

What a dilemma! situation !
After all, I decided to enroll in the scientific section to please my parents. I couldn't be accustomed to act against parents' wishes, and I haven't ever done that before.

Thanks to my obedient decision, my years in high school passed peacefully. But now, I'm in university and I'm in literary section which I'm curious to know because of my eighteen-year obedience. Can you write this sentence more clearly? I don't understand.

Somewhere in my mind, I am satisfied with my life motto: please parents first, and I will have what I want.

:-)
OP little sun 1 / 3  
EF_Kevin
hi...EF_Kevin!!!
could you help me with something replaces for this sentence "But now, I'm in university and I'm in literary section which I'm curious to know because of my eighteen-year obedience"?

i mean: i am always obedient for 18 years so i am worth to have one time to make decision by myself at least.
asmafiqi - / 3  
Can someone please give me feed back about my peom
I am trying to write to write poems.Does this sound like one? feel free to correct me.

When I was a child I had many dreams
That had many meaning to my life
I had no one to help me accomplish all those dreams
But I had confidence in me that kept me going
I had no money and no courage to finish them
But I had God on my side that had showed which way to turn
I had determination and motivation that have got me this far
I had no regrets and no pain what so ever
OP little sun 1 / 3  
asmafiqi
When I was a child I had many dreams
That had many meaning to my life
But I had God on my side that had showed which way to turn => i had god that had showed which way to turn in mu side.

=> you said you had confidence but then no courage?????
asmafiqi - / 3  
Thanks for the correction you made on my post and the time you gave to read my post.Anyway, what is wrong using confidence and no courage at the same time? Thanks!
"But now, I'm in university and I'm in literary section which I'm curious to know because of my eighteen-year obedience"?

"But now, I'm in university and I chose the literary section because it is the subject of my own interest; after eighteen years of obedience, I am ready to choose for myself the direction of my studies.----I made it very eloquent to reflect your great personality. :-)
asmafiqi - / 3  
Please ,check what i wrote below about reply to a job offer and mark my mistakes and make the correct if you can Thanks!

the email questions I recieves!
I have received an email of interest off of an inquiry you had filled out on an ad I had posted on Career Builder. I am responding to your interest, but would like to know a little bit about you and your background before scheduling an interview.

>
> Right now I have several clients in the western metro that are in need of a new caregiver or looking to start services soon.

>
> 1) Can you please tell me about yourself?
> 2) What do you enjoy about working or spending time with elderly people?
> 3) What hours would you be available to work?
> 4) Do you have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license and automobile insurance?
>
This is my reply to the email!

Good morning to you!
I am asma fiqi, I have worked with different companies through my life.Such as , st.jude medical my job was to build medical parts,Delta global service,my job was to take care of the planes such as cleaning , straighting cushion, providing suplies etc. I helped passengers with whatever they needed, helped elder people who needed my assistent when they were flying and so forth.Through my life experience with all the jobs i had,I worked with different people from different back grounds.I also did team work and costumer service.I worked for starbucks and my job was serving people drinking , food and making sure every was happy and satisfied with the service i provided as a costumer service.I like working with elders and needy because I learned that through my culture,helping your neighbors and needy is charty and as a human one supposed to be caring and giving what he/he loves her/him self.I also helped my grandpa who was old and disable for years and i enjoyed helping him with cleaning, cooking and talking to him , listening and so forth. I think i have the potential working with elder people because i am good person , outgoing , compassionate.I think this job is great fit for me because of who I am and the experience that have helping others.Yes, I have valid driver license, a car and i would like to work part time.We can discuss about the hours. Please let me know,when you would like to arrange time to meet.Thanks and Have a great day.
I am asma fiqi, and I have worked with various companies throughout my life.

They include St. Jude Medical, where my job was to build medical parts, Delta global service, where my job was to take care of the planes by cleaning, straightening cushions, providing supplies, etc.

I helped passengers with whatever they needed, helped elder people who needed my assistance when they were flying, and so forth.

Throughout my life experience, with all the jobs I had, I worked with ...

I also helped my grandpa, who was old and disabled for years, and I enjoyed helping him by cleaning, cooking, talking to him, listening, and so forth.

Yes, I have valid driver license, a car, and I would like to work part time.

We can discuss the hours, and I'll do my best to be flexible with the hours I am available.

Please let me know when you would like to arrange time to meet.Thanks and Have have a great day.

:-)

Home / Writing Feedback / "Parents are first" - narrative essay